Gaming [REQUEST]Japanese VC Pokémon Mew Save

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this isn't the right spot for this but:

Does anyone have access to a Japanese Virtual Console Pokémon RGBY save with Mew on it from the new event they gave out? I'm a collector and am trying to obtain this specific one. Did anyone here go to the event in Japan or know of a way to get one from somebody?

Thanks.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does anyone have access to a Japanese Virtual Console Pokémon RGBY save with Mew on it from the new event they gave out? I'm a collector and am trying to obtain this specific one. Did anyone here go to the event in Japan or know of a way to get one from somebody?

Thanks.
Tell me more about this event please? :)

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me more about this event please? :)

Basically, in Japan, if you bought one of the new 2DS bundles at time of release that came with the VC Pokémon version of whichever color, it came with a ticket and code. One was to get a Mew in XYORAS, and one was a ticket you brought to a store and you could get a Mew in your RGBY version. I believe you could get the code from buying on the eShop too, not sure about that one though.

Here a pic of the ticket: https://i.imgur.com/bFaJr2W.png

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, in Japan, if you bought one of the new 2DS bundles at time of release that came with the VC Pokémon version of whichever color, it came with a ticket and code. One was to get a Mew in XYORAS, and one was a ticket you brought to a store and you could get a Mew in your RGBY version. I believe you could get the code from buying on the eShop too, not sure about that one though.

Here a pic of the ticket: https://i.imgur.com/bFaJr2W.png
So you want a mew for a gameboy game pokemon, red blue yellow.... and grean? Couldn't you use a game glitch to catch one or some cheat with emulator and save inject it?:unsure:

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want a mew for a gameboy game pokemon, red blue yellow.... and grean? Couldn't you use a game glitch to catch one or some cheat with emulator and save inject it?:unsure:

I don't just want a mew, I want this mew. This is a special event one, with it's own data and everything. And then eventually I can get it in Gen 7 via Bank(and technically I could put it in Gen 6 games via injection).

I'm an event trader/collector, and this one would technically be it's own separate event.

Last edited by Bjnido35,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't just want a mew, I want this mew. This is a special event one, with it's own data and everything. And then eventually I can get it in Gen 7 via Bank.
So someone would need save data from it. From a event that was done when the pokemon on 3DS was being sold... for a game that is over 20 years old... that is japanese exlusive. IS there no way to trigger or replicate this without the ticket? I think i'm lost.:ph34r:

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone would need save data from it. From a event that was done when the pokemon on 3DS was being sold... for a game that is over 20 years old... that is japanese exlusive. IS there no way to trigger or replicate this without the ticket? I think i'm lost.:ph34r:

Well the 20 year old thing has nothing to do with it. It's not the event given away 20 years ago in the original cartridge games. It's a NEW event given on the VC rereleases of the games.

I am basically asking for someones save data that has the Mew on it. Like someones JP VC RGB or Y save.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the 20 year old thing has nothing to do with it. It's not the event given away 20 years ago in the original cartridge games. It's a NEW event given on the VC rereleases of the games.

I am basically asking for someones save data that has the Mew on it. Like someones JP VC RGB or Y save.
I see, that makes more sense, If i find one, i will be sure to post. :)

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here's a quote from another site about it:

"It was previously announced that special 2DS bundles would be hitting Japanese stores in late February; these bundles contain a 2DS system, a pre-installed version of Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow/Pikachu, a serial code—redeemable in any 6th generation Pokémon game—for Mew, a Home menu theme, special stickers, a Kanto map, and a special exchange ticket for Mew.

Details surrounding the special exchange ticket have finally been released on Pokémon's Japanese website.

It will be possible to trade this Mew to the Virtual Console copies of Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow/Pikachu, starting from March 19ththrough May 8th at any participating Ion, Aeon Retail, Tsutaya, Toys R Us, or Pokémon Center locations in Japan.

Players will need to take the following steps to prepare for the trade:
• Obtain the Pokédex in Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow/Pikachu.
• Capture a Pokémon to exchange for the Mew, such as Pidgey or Rattata, and place it at the front of the party.
• Save the game in front of the Cable Club before heading to any participating distribution location."

Z

zeropain

Thanks.

Do you found any VC RGBY saves with the event Mew on them?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Thanks.

In projectpokemon.org,
In both the Gen 6 and 7 event contribution archive folder,
The Japanese mew has been extracted from the save as a .jpk1 file.

Inject it into your jp save for Gen 1 on Pkhex, and it'll be able to be transferred using pokebank

Last edited by Queno138,
Z

zeropain

Just a dumb question maybe, but are all the VC Mews (RGBY) the same regarding stats and such (IVs, nature etc.)?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Proof of collection:
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/f...archived-posts-thread/?page=51#comment-196729

Just a dumb question maybe, but are all the VC Mews (RGBY) the same regarding stats and such (IVs, nature etc.)?

Since this is an event on VC Gen 1, stuff like nature can't be taken to account, cause it doesn't exist. (Pokebank will assign it a nature based on exp during transfer)

This event is actually a clone;
The game the event staff uses to trade allows save restore, so they just constantly trading away the same mew during redemption.

The Mew was distributed with same DVs (Gen 1 IVs, known as Determined Values, that goes up to only 15), with 15 DV in every stat.

When Pokebank transfers Mew,
It'll have minimally 5 perfect IVs.

Z

zeropain

@Queno138: Thanks for the clarification. So i dont need to search for other VC event Mews, because they are the same. Good to know.

FrostyDialga

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
you can use 8f to make your glitch mew transfer backup your save first because if you mess up the game can glitch and delete your save file http://pastebin.com/BA4mK4PK the mew your only uses glitches so i would consider it legit since your using nothing but the game to get the mew the mew you get from doing this will be the same as the uk event mew they could of easily patched the glitches since the vc uses patches for some things such as the flashing effects but they decided not to so I guess they don't mind.

Last edited by FrostyDialga,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true