Homebrew [Request] Is there someone who can make a pixel art program/MSPaint clone?

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, there aren't very many good tutorials out there. I'm looking at some right now. If you look in the comments, I'm sure people have asked and have gotten responses. I usually look there when I don't get something
I think once i learned lua, ill be able to make a cleverbot thing!

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I know but every lua tutorial i search up starts with print("Something") then all the sudden have this crazy s$&%.
Well that's because you're studying LUA for PC. The structure of the code is same from 3DS to PC, but some functions are called and executed differently. print("") for 3DS is called more or less as Screen.debugPrint(0, 0, "", Color.new(255,255,255), TOP_SCREEN). It's all these changes that put a curve on 3DS programming, which is why I recommend learning a high level programming language like Python or Java first, so you can get down the basics of problem solving. IMO LUA for PC is meh.

Last edited by BringusStudios,
Reactions: olshrimpeyes

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's because you're studying LUA for PC. The structure of the code is same from 3DS to PC, but some functions are called and executed differently. print("") for 3DS is called more or less as Screen.debugPrint(0, 0, "", Color.new(255,255,255), TOP_SCREEN). It's all these changes that put a curve on 3DS programming, which is why I recommend learning a high level programming language like Python or Java first, so you can get down the basics of problem solving.
The more i see this, the more i think im not ready. I tried to learn python once...i got stressed and boreded out and just quited. This is why i suggested Scratch on the 3DS! Because its simple to use! But of course everybody disagrees. :sad:

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
The more i see this, the more i think im not ready. I tried to learn python once...i got stressed and boreded out and just quited. This is why i suggested Scratch on the 3DS! Because its simple to use! But of course everybody disagrees. :sad:
Try visualizing this scenario:

Two men are holding 25 pounds of weight. The man on the left is really struggling to hold the weight, so he asks the man on the right to take 20 pounds of his weight for him. Now the man on the right has a choice. He can make the man on the left's life easier, but very much at his own expense. He would have to hold almost twice the weight he was comfortable with.

This analogy relates to how you say you want scratch ported. It would make it easier for you to make stuff, but it would take hours of difficult work on the programmer's part. Thats why nobody wants to do it.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Try visualizing this scenario:

Two men are holding 25 pounds of weight. The man on the left is really struggling to hold the weight, so he asks the man on the right to take 20 pounds of his weight for him. Now the man on the right has a choice. He can make the man on the left's life easier, but very much at his own expense. He would have to hold almost twice the weight he was comfortable with.

This analogy relates to how you say you want scratch ported. It would make it easier for you to make stuff, but it would take hours of difficult work on the programmer's part. Thats why nobody wants to do it.
OK! I understand. But maybe it will happen soon...idk.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
OK! I understand. But maybe it will happen soon...idk.
Porting Scratch would be possible(source code: http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Scratch_1.4_Source_Code), but very hard and rather pointless. Try to start messing with a LUA homebrew on the 3DS. I learned what I know now in LUA from editing Sunshell and RPG Maker 3DS(and MicroLuaDS!). Then I made a few homebrew of my own. Feel free to look at my homebrew for reference or whatever.

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think once i learned lua, ill be able to make a cleverbot thing!
Try looking on lpp-3ds's documentary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm starting to have a lot of issues with this, and being a very novice programmer I'm not sure what to do. There's a good chance I won't finish this, it's having some weird flickering issues. Test it out and you'll see. Feel free to use the code.
Maybe I'll continue on this.

We'll see.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going good so far!

hrbnf.png

(sees top screen)

Last edited by flarn2006, , Reason: syntax error: missing ')'

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's flickering because when you set grid to true and your doing the "while true do" thing it repeats whats in that loop. You have Screen.refresh and Screen.waitVblankStart in your while loop. The while thing repeats over and over again, it keeps refreshing. That's what's causing the flickering.

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
It's flickering because when you set grid to true and your doing the "while true do" thing it repeats whats in that loop. You have Screen.refresh and Screen.waitVblankStart in your while loop. The while thing repeats over and over again, it keeps refreshing. That's what's causing the flickering.
Oh, good to know. I'm not used to working with lower level functions, Java is my friend ;).

Reactions: Megalegacy98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.