Country
United States

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all 3 files from the github and hexen.wad in 3ds/hexen and when I try to launch the game it tells me "The application you are trying to run requested a specific target title. Please make sure you have that title!"
#ifdef __NeXT__
static char *wadfiles[MAXWADFILES] =
{
"/Novell/H2/source/hexen.wad"
};
#else
{
"hexen.wad"
};
#endif

just to be sure, paste it on this locations:
  • where the .3dsx file is. ------> SD:/3ds/hexen/hexen.wad
  • at the root of the sd card. ------> SD:/hexen.wad
  • at 3ds/hexen/Novell/H2/source/ ------> SD:/3ds/hexen/Novell/H2/source/hexen.wad

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all 3 files from the github and hexen.wad in 3ds/hexen and when I try to launch the game it tells me "The application you are trying to run requested a specific target title. Please make sure you have that title!"

You'll probably need to have the Youtube app or the MH4U Demo as well, since it sounds like Hexen needs to access the extra memory mode to even start. Other homebrews such as Retroarch MAME have to do the same thing to load up, as well.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#ifdef __NeXT__
{
};
#else
{
"hexen.wad"
};
#endif

• at 3ds/hexen/Novell/H2/source/ ------> SD:/3ds/hexen/Novell/H2/source/hexen.wad
Didn't work.
You'll probably need to have the Youtube app or the MH4U Demo as well, since it sounds like Hexen needs to access the extra memory mode to even start. Other homebrews such as Retroarch MAME have to do the same thing to load up, as well.
I'll try that.

Edit: Still nope.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#ifdef __NeXT__
{
};
#else
{
"hexen.wad"
};
#endif

No. The wad file just needs to be in the same directory as the 3dsx file. Both in /3ds/hexen/ or both in the root directory. Either one is fine.

The Novell path is for build for the Next platform. This is from the original version which was cross compiled for both dos and Next. In any case it is not use at all by the 3dsx version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To be honest. I know enough to know that I exceeded the default code size limit and included an xml to accommodate. But I am not really sure which title it is using. I took it from somewhere - but I don't remember where.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to double post, minor bug report. Trying to exit the game causes the 3ds to freeze. Not a big deal, the game itself is working fantastic! Just thought I'd point it out.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to double post, minor bug report. Trying to exit the game causes the 3ds to freeze. Not a big deal, the game itself is working fantastic! Just thought I'd point it out.
I made some updates tonight and fixed the exit issue and added a controls menu along with a few other improvements. I posted a new binary if you want to test it out.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way you could add control remapping for switching weapons? Either cycling or even just being able to bind 1-4 to buttons. I'm using joystick and c-stick to play (and loving it) so having weapons on the dpad would be perfect! Kinda tough switching weapons mid-fight with the touch keyboard.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way you could add control remapping for switching weapons? Either cycling or even just being able to bind 1-4 to buttons. I'm using joystick and c-stick to play (and loving it) so having weapons on the dpad would be perfect! Kinda tough switching weapons mid-fight with the touch keyboard.
I can take a look at that tonight. I added the large bindable buttons to the mini keyboard display along the left and right edges of the screen with the intention that they could be easily pressed with your thumb. I have these as aux1-8 with unique key ids. Maybe it would make more sense to allow these to be use specified key ids. So for instance you could map aux1 to the '1' key to switch to weapon 1. Let me know what you think.
Alternatively I could just add a weapon cylcle next/previous action.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can take a look at that tonight. I added the large bindable buttons to the mini keyboard display along the left and right edges of the screen with the intention that they could be easily pressed with your thumb. I have these as aux1-8 with unique key ids. Maybe it would make more sense to allow these to be use specified key ids. So for instance you could map aux1 to the '1' key to switch to weapon 1. Let me know what you think.
Alternatively I could just add a weapon cylcle next/previous action.
Oh! I didn't notice the large buttons. This would work fine, only I'm having trouble figuring out how to bind keys to them. By default if I touch them, it just activates the touchscreen camera control.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! I didn't notice the large buttons. This would work fine, only I'm having trouble figuring out how to bind keys to them. By default if I touch them, it just activates the touchscreen camera control.
I think it may do that if they are not bound.
They are bound like normal buttons. Use the controls menu and tap the square when it asks you to press a key.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may do that if they are not bound.
They are bound like normal buttons. Use the controls menu and tap the square when it asks you to press a key.
Oh, I see. However, since the 1-4 keys or a cycle weapon option aren't in the controls list, I can't set them to the touch buttons. If you could somehow allow the number keys 1-4 to be bound to buttons, that would be perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."