Hacking [Request] HD quality stretched DS game screen with Original Bright Colours.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,451
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
I have a DSTTi and play all Pokémon games on that (literary all) but when I compared the one from my DS Lite to my 2DS and N3DS- the results were they looked best on DS Lite, Good on 2DS (as it only has 400X240 resolution) and literary WORST on N3DS is there a way by which we can bring back the Original Bright Colours back, remove the GHOSTING over them and also some type of magnification filter like that of Desmume and Android Drastic. I always wanted that the Top Screen should not have the Black Screen borders at all! It would be very kind of you if you manage to remove those Borders, bring back then HD quality, bright colours and Anti-Aliasing (Magnification Filter) to the 3DS. If the MGBA can stretch it then you can also do it! I have full faith in @Robz8

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't understand your logic. If a game is developed into a 400x240 resolution then how can it ever look "HD" on a bigger resolution? The answer is: It can't.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the MGBA can stretch it then you can also do it!
MGBA can do it because it's an emulator. When you launch a DS cart on a 3DS the console "downgrade" itself, truly becoming a DS(i).
I think that all your request will need a deep modification to the TWL-side of the 3DS, which I think is not that easy

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't understand your logic. If a game is developed into a 400x240 resolution then how can it ever look "HD" on a bigger resolution? The answer is: It can't.
Are you totally NUTS ?! The guy completely mentioned his thoughts. He just gave some extra information that was not needed. Just don't always make fun of new comers, they must be having some talents way better than you, if they do not have all information about the 3DS! :P

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Are you totally NUTS ?! The guy completely mentioned his thoughts. He just gave some extra information that was not needed. Just don't always make fun of new comers, they must be having some talents way better than you, if they do not have all information about the 3DS! :P

You are really trying to tick me off aren't you? I already ignored your stupid response in that other thread so now you come here to quote me once again with this garbage. If my posts bother you then add me to your ignore list but stop spamming shit about it in threads where it's not relevant. Grow up "brat" .. please.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The 2DS and N3DS have the same top screen resolution, so there shouldn't be many major differences in visuals between the two. Perhaps the N3DS screen has a worse colour gamut?

In terms of running DS games, W4T4R1 has already correctly pointed out that when you run a DS game, the 3DS console actually switches to the DSi firmware mode and therefore inherits any hardware limitations of a DSi. As a result, it's not possible to have 3DS homebrew running in the background that increases the output resolution.

The reason why you have a blur effect is because the DSi's resolution is 256 x 192 while the 3DS top screen has 400 x 240 pixels. The console has to upscale the image by a non-integer value and then apply a bilinear filter over it to mask pixelation.

There is a slight workaround to get rid of the blur, but it doesn't solve the borders or colour issue: hold down START or SELECT when booting a DS game, this will launch the game in its native 256 x 192 size with no scaling. Your image will appear clearer but with the downside of being smaller with bigger black borders around the edge.

D

Deleted User

OP
The 2DS and N3DS have the same top screen resolution, so there shouldn't be many major differences in visuals between the two. Perhaps the N3DS screen has a worse colour gamut?

In terms of running DS games, W4T4R1 has already correctly pointed out that when you run a DS game, the 3DS console actually switches to the DSi firmware mode and therefore inherits any hardware limitations of a DSi. As a result, it's not possible to have 3DS homebrew running in the background that increases the output resolution.

The reason why you have a blur effect is because the DSi's resolution is 256 x 192 while the 3DS top screen has 400 x 240 pixels. The console has to upscale the image by a non-integer value and then apply a bilinear filter over it to mask pixelation.

There is a slight workaround to get rid of the blur, but it doesn't solve the borders or colour issue: hold down START or SELECT when booting a DS game, this will launch the game in its native 256 x 192 size with no scaling. Your image will appear clearer but with the downside of being smaller with bigger black borders around the edge.
Thanks Man your really cleared my whole query! But still something could happen in the future that removes ghosting at least. I hope some people like DISTRANCE love to annoy people through their posts and make fun of newcomers!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks to @W4T4R1 even as you have quiet good knowledge about the 3DS, and I suppose that @Robz8 who works mainly for the NDS and DSi emulation on 3DS could have something like a deeply modified NTR Nand and TWL Nand.

D

Deleted User

OP
I suppose @NashJarnan (I like your name!) could have something like a HQ4x or Render Filter for his DS or 3DS games, but would require some serious programming with NTR Selector overlay plugins! Sorry for my bad English!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: