REQUEST: HBC forwarder dol

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zantzue, Jan 18, 2011.

Jan 18, 2011

REQUEST: HBC forwarder dol by zantzue at 8:39 AM (2,482 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. zantzue
    OP

Member zantzue GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Hi there! I need a boot.dol that launches the Homebrew Channel from NAND. The ID of The Homebrew Channel has changed so old forwarders don't work anymore. I know that the new ID is "af1bf516" and I got this code -where the f**k is the spoiler button?-:

//super complicated channel loader- giantpune
    #include
    #include
    //#include
    #include

#define TITLE_ID(x,y) (((u64)(x) viTVMode&VI_NON_INTERLACE) VIDEO_WaitVSync();

//if you want to put a splash screen, put it here, but it will just be a waste of time. the splash in the forwarder
    //is only showed while loading dols into memory, this would be shown before the channel even started to load
    //so i wouldn't do it.

WII_Initialize();
    //just change the 4A4F4449 to the hex value for the ID4 of the title to boot.
    //all channels that show up on the system menu should be 00010001
    WII_LaunchTitle(TITLE_ID(0x00010001,0xaf1bf516));

//should not reach this point if the title is installed on the wii, but if it does, it will fall back on a stub to direct it
    //if using a newer version of libogc, exit(0) returns the system menu if no stub is found.
    exit (0);

//really, really should never make it this far. if it does, the wii will just blackscreen and need a hard reset
    return 0;
    }

The thing is that I don't know how to compile it. Will someone compile it for me and upload the boot.dol? Thanks in advance.

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
  3. zantzue
    OP

Antarctica
    Thank you very much, FIX94! I tried it and it works perfectly. I launched it from the HBC [​IMG] and from a wad. There's something I'd like to know...I tried to modify an old HBC NAND forwarder boot.dol -one that looked for "JODI" ID-. I opened it with a hex editor but never found "JODI" string (text) neither I have found "af1bf516" string (hex) in the boot.dol you compiled. The idea is to replace it whenever a new IDd HBC comes out so I don't have to ask for help. What am I doing wrong? Well, nyway. Thanks again, FIX94.

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    No Problem [​IMG] To the problem: That's strange... Maybe it has something to do with the compression [​IMG] ? I also looked into the elf file, but the string is not there. I don't know why. You can also compile it! I can give you the links if you want.

5. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

PowerPC code loads 32-bit immediate values in two halves.

6. zantzue
    OP

Antarctica
    @FIX94:
    It would be nice if you gave me the links.
    @tueidj:
    So what kind of string should I look for by using a hex editor??

By the way...this is what I used the boot.dol for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1nJCmEKDyw. I now it's silly but I like it [​IMG].

7. jj-kwik

Member jj-kwik GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I still like the pirate channel better [​IMG]

8. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

You should search for the two halves of the string separately but reasonably close to each other (normally within 8 bytes).

9. zantzue
    OP

Antarctica
    That did the trick!. I looked for "af1b" string, I found it -it appears just once as it should- and I found "f516" string one line below - I think the proper word in this case is offset but I still have to improve my English [​IMG]-. When I get home I'll try to replace the old HBC ID for the new one in the old forwarder boot.dol to make sure I know how to change it. I'll post the result. Your help is much appreciated, guys.

EDIT: @jj-kwik: the Pirate Channel is my favourite one aswell [​IMG]

EDIT2: I opened the old forwarder boot.dol and looked for "4a4f" string. I found it and, one more time, I found the other half of the HBC's old ID -"4449"- quite close. In both cases they are six hexadecimal characters far form each other. I've already changed the old boot.dol. I'm looking forward to trying it -the old version of the HBC is installed on my Wii aswell-. I'll let you know what the result is.

EDIT3: I modified the boot.dol correctly. It boots the new HBC.