Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
It been a few days since the big release, and Gateway Team is busy working out the remaining bugs and polishing off the next release, but this time around they are requesting a bit of help to insure full Zelda v1.1 compatibility with their next beta release.

Hi everyone!

We need a complete ROM dump of these problem versions of Zelda, together with a fresh save dump. Both can be done using GW menu. ROM dump is straight forward.

For the save backup it is important that a fresh save template is first created, to do this:

• Boot the game using the default name of Link for slot 1.
  • And enter the game all the way to the hut and save.
  • Then go back into GW menu and back-up the save.
Please put both files together inside a 'password-protected' ZIP or RAR and upload to MEGA or similar file-sharing site.

Then email us at 'sales @ gateway - 3ds . com' the details of the region of the cartridge you dump, along with serial number and of course (the password you use to protect the ZIP/RAR and the file-sharing link for us to download it)

Your help in this matter will quickly speed up the next release!

Best Regards,
(Team Gateway)

They added also for those a little more tech-savvy the following note:

If the person doing the dump has MAC or Linux based PC, they can run the following command on the game ROM dump file:

Code:
head -c $[0x8000] XXX.3ds > header.bin

This will trim the 512M ROM file to ~8k which is all we need and will be easier to simply mail as attachment to our sales@ email

Again both the truncated ROM dump AND the fresh save profile are needed, please ZIP both and email our sales@ account.

Thanks.

So there you go, if the community can get together now and follow the above easy steps and send them the truncated ROM's and fresh saves for those problematic newer Zelda cartridges in the various regions, the quicker you will see the next official Gateway Ultra release posted.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is HILARIOUS!!!

They want US to give them a rom dump.. why didnt they give US a rom dump:hateit:

Back to playing Sky3... I mean Back to installing CIAs

Reactions: GregoryRasputin

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
How does one check what version they have?

If you can't get your Zelda to work with the current .sav then you have a newer one. Or if you need to use Sonic's temp fix with USA region, then you have a newer one.

This is for those not able to run the exploit yet and have problems in aussie,japan,europe with later versions of Zelda.

If you running it fine, there is no need to worry. -- Only for those getting a corrupted save error after transfering it to their New 3DS

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Do you expect them to spend $90 USD per cartridge for every region and cross their fingers and hope it doesn't work so they can use it to make a fixed save file?

Well the only part i find hilarious is them needed us to give them a rom dump. They could have given us one;)

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the only part i find hilarious is them needed us to give them a rom dump. They could have given us one;)

What? What good would a ROM dump do? Obviously they don't have a cartridge that is experiencing problems or they wouldn't be asking for help :P

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? What good would a ROM dump do? Obviously they don't have a cartridge that is experiencing problems or they wouldn't be asking for help :P

I thought they might have ESP and know some would use Sky3ds... :angry: and speaking of Sky3ds... I have 3 extra that are now paperweights:lol:

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway should learn to read and use Sonic's solution.

They know about it, but it does not help other regions outside of USA for now. -- It is always best to have the original pair of developer eyes look it over, incase an offset was missed even if it is working for most.

Reactions: tony_2018

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This has nothing to do with how NEW your OoT cartridge is.
Me and my friend both have launch day OoT (PAL) and our savegames are not compatible with eachother's cart.
Unless they shipped 1.0 and 1.1 carts on the same day of release, which I doubt.
There must be something else that makes some of these saves incompatible, but I have no clue what it actually is.

My cart ID is AQEP510111
His cart ID is AQEP510134

Reactions: thaikhoa and cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: