Hacking REQUEST FROM GW: We need you help with Zelda v1.1 Cartridge Dumps

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
got to wonder is this classed as rom begging ;)

but in all seriousness, people complain should realize that really if they want a faster fix they can share the cart specific details, see the problem with saying "they should just buy their own", is
A) they would be hoarding a lot of copies to try track down all the elusive "non-working" copies that they are basically making it so normal end users cant buy a copy as they had to buy a range of 40 to try catch all the elusive versions.....meaning end users have to pay even more as its even harder to find a legit copy

B) you will be waiting for them to buy and receive all these additional copies for the sake of what 8KB's of data which could be ripped and sent directly to them instantly

sure the argument of "their problem not mine!!!!! lololol mwhahaha!!!!" is perfectly valid, it doesn't help someone who has a legit cart and wants to use it to use their gw card asap

Reactions: Maximilious

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
It'll just corrupt your save and the game will reformat.
Ok, props for the heads up.

I did some experimentation and we can actual run around as link lol. Just to trigger the exploit, you have to be in the place you started as. So I just ran around the starting place pressing a, and the exploit was triggered just fine. :)

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
The title thread say that Gateway team needs help, I think that is wrong ! This is us which need them. Please give them what they ask for. This will let them to continu and deliver the CubicNinja exploit. To finalise without these games :)

I do not have Zelda OOT and I think that I will wait for the final solution which will let us use the GatewayMode only by inserting the card in our 3ds.
I own a Cubic Ninja copy ^_^
Use the ultimate weapon then:
Buy a second hand copy. Now. Very fast. Or buy Sky/QQ.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, use the OMEGA weapon:

the final solution version Gateway3DS

Reactions: LebaD1

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok, props for the heads up.

I did some experimentation and we can actual run around as link lol. Just to trigger the exploit, you have to be in the place you started as. So I just ran around the starting place pressing a, and the exploit was triggered just fine. :)
So in that case, you could play the game, but must not return to the treehouse and press A?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
......That's rly messed up. And whaddiya mean by coins? You mean rupees?
Yea, rupees. I'm just really tired lol. I'm copying over my CIA files to my mSD card now, to install. After that, before going into emuNAND, I'll be sure to actually exit the treehouse :P

EDIT: I exited the treehouse, and just as gamesquest1 said, it crashes once the exit treehouse cutscene tries to open up the text bubble. Probably because it's trying to write his name, but the name is way too long, and it crashes. same thing happens if you try to open up the items menu.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Yea, rupees. I'm just really tired lol. I'm copying over my CIA files to my mSD card now, to install. After that, before going into emuNAND, I'll be sure to actually exit the treehouse :P

EDIT: I exited the treehouse, and just as gamesquest1 said, it crashes once the exit treehouse cutscene tries to open up the text bubble. Probably because it's trying to write his name, but the name is way too long, and it crashes. same thing happens if you try to open up the items menu.
....name? What is link's name in the GW save?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

So I assume this is a buffer overflow savegame exploit similar to Twilight Hack :P

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
....name? What is link's name in the GW save?
b035a2e6b23fbdf33b3b18976af022a1.jpg

So I assume this is a buffer overflow savegame exploit similar to Twilight Hack :P
yep it is :)

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm now wondering if we could try exploiting save hax for other games.
That is in theory possible after seeing 2 games exploited.
No, it must always be Legend of Zelda. Or, maybe the next exploit breakthrough will appear, when Ninty decides to make Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland 3D.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: