Homebrew [REQUEST] Free WiFi Finder

T_Gaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes you're stuck somewhere outside your home, and want to connect to free WiFi. But why tediously look for access points when you can automatically connect to free WiFi hotspots? Personally, I think somebody should make this homebrew.

D

Deleted User

Sometimes you're stuck somewhere outside your home, and want to connect to free WiFi. But why tediously look for access points when you can automatically connect to free WiFi hotspots? Personally, I think somebody should make this homebrew.
There is already a request thread lurking in the stickies.

D

Deleted User

The request thread isn't maintained.

I'd rather requests get their own threads because it makes searching for them easier. It's way easier than searching a thread.
It clutters up the forum, though.

Other than that, this would be a good idea! I'm usually out and about without service.

Last edited by ,

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It clutters up the forum, though.

Other than that, this would be a good idea! I'm usually out and about without service.
It only clutters it up for about a day until people stop bumping it.

I think searching threads titles only [REQUEST] is easy enough to warrant temporary clutter, and there's the benefit that if something is going to picked up you have a dedicated thread from the getgo.

Buttsnake

"Mods please close this thread"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only clutters it up for about a day until people stop bumping it.

I think searching threads titles only [REQUEST] is easy enough to warrant temporary clutter, and there's the benefit that if something is going to picked up you have a dedicated thread from the getgo.
Yeah but people don't usually pick up any requests anyway

SubstituteCS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems exceptionally silly for a homebrew application.
Why not just go into your system settings and scan for an access point on the connections sub menu?

Reactions: AmandaRose

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
1. That thread is dead. 2. nobody will see it because well...look a 1. 3. we could move it to the thread...if we could.
1. No, it isn't. 2. You didn't finish your sentence, why wouldn't people see it? Even I have made some things that people requested on that thread. 3. Ever heard of the report button? Use that to contact a mod to move it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...