Request for a seperate room for the backup loader

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since the Waninkoko's Wii Backup Loader, many other versions and types of backup loaders have followed it. With these being released, there have been many bugs, questions, and problems posted all around the forum. For us who are interested in seeing homebrew other then the Backup Loader, it's hard to skim through the multiple threads about the Backup Loader.

My request is that we have a subforum here in the Wii - Hacking section specially for the backup loader. There could be many good uses for a Backup Loader room. To name a few...
  • A fresh start on a stickies page allowing a lot of Backup Loader stickies without having to add on to the many stickies we already have in the Wii - Hacking room
  • Other Homebrew threads will be visible in the Wii - Hacking room without having a flood of Backup Loader threads
  • Separate Backup Loader Room moderators
If anyone agrees with my request, feel free to post showing the moderators our support. Thanks for reading and I hope the moderators will be able to take this into suggestion.

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
I totally agree this would be a great idea as then people that are here for the backuploader only they can go to the subforum without blocking up this one. I also am interested in other homebrew apps like Geexbox and bootmii etc and it would be easier to find the other apps if the backup loader had its own subforum.

I second the motion. Thanks Zantetsu

Thetonman

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed. it's almost like the wii hacking section doesn't even exist anymore. i've been going to other sites to get the info i need because there is nothing but backup talk here. i've also not been able to ask a serious question or post an original idea here because the thread will end up on page 4 in 15 minutes if it's not about the loaders.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
i 3rd this, the Backup loader thread is gettin spammed 2 death, i am even guilty myself

yes i admit it i'm ashamed
unsure.gif

JimmyBobAlex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:
GhostSonic said:
Why hasn't this been suggested before?

It has.

If I remember right the mods either closed that thread or ignored us because people were implying they weren't doing their jobs.
rolleyes.gif
The loader really does need a sub section, I hate sifting through the countless noob threads just to find the few topics I'm actuallly looking for. It really needs to happen to tidy up the place, but I doubt it actually will.

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JimmyBobAlex said:
LegendaryXM90 said:
GhostSonic said:
Why hasn't this been suggested before?

It has.

If I remember right the mods either closed that thread or ignored us because people were implying they weren't doing their jobs.

I hope the mods don't think of my thread this way. This has nothing to do with them doing there jobs or not. It's the community making way to many threads for one thing =\

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Instead of making a subsection, think of it more as

making a trash bin

so you can scrape the unsightly threads off into it

but that's alright if it doesn't happen cause it would be too much work, since everyone would still be posting in this place anyway and every one would have to be moved

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
rawalisb said:
well, isn't the backup loader considered hacking? we should have a separate thread for noob questions (regarding the backup launcher).
Problem is, noobs don't know their questions are noob questions.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been asking for this for awhile.
Please do it.
I'm sick of having 20+ threads asking how to make X game not receive Y error.

It's really really really annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.