Request: File Editor

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by klasa, Aug 20, 2007.

1. klasa
    OP

klasa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2007
    Netherlands
    Well, I’m not sure if I should post this in this forum, but here it goes:

I’m working on a (partial?) Dutch translation of Pokémon D/P. I’ve already done a bit of graphic hacking, but I’m having a bit of trouble with the text files. It isn’t exactly easy if you have to change each pointer table of every file if you’re editing it. That’s why I would like an editor for these files. But since I can’t program, I thought maybe someone here has too much spare time.

Here’s what I would like to have in it:
    - it would be nice if it could open the encrypted bin files (for an example, look at how it’s done in the ‘compressed bin to decompressed bin + html’ converter here)
    - save as compressed bin files
    - use the table file (also in the source of pika’s converter included, but the bytes have to be flipped to work with it)
    - use a table file in which the text-manipulating commands are specified (for example, FFFE FF00 0001 0003 turns the text green, it only has to be shown as or something, no need to make it a WYSIWYG editor)
    - a list with every piece of text a pointer points to (something like ‘string 1’ will suffice)
    - edit the pointer data if the length is altered
    - don’t save the text-manipulating commands as normal text…

Probably this editor can also be used for other files, although it may has to be a bit adapted
    I really hope someone out there is willing to help me…

EDIT: if someone wants to take a look at the file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/51qsq3 (in it is the 'which pokémon do you choose' text)

If this isn't allowed here, can a mod or admin please move or delete this tread?

2. SkH

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Anyone? I want to make a translation, too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice