PS1/2 [REQUEST] English patch for "Dragon Quest Monsters 1 & 2" (PSX)

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HOPEFULLY big news:

I suggest you guys like that tweet and retweet it mentioning him to raise his awareness that we (the community) want it!

Reactions: Yasivr

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
These are the best news since almost forever :D
I absolutely f*cking agree. Seriously everytime another Pokémon "inspired game" / clone / mod / new official entry pops up, I'm like
"Why is this franchise so big instead of DQM which was the waaay better GB game back then? And why in the motherf*cking world is Square Enix f*cking around that much with localizing all of their very few DQM games they made?"
Then I always remember how great DQM was on the GBC and that this PSX remake might be the perfect 2D version of it and that my life is such a sad life because there's no english translation for it yet. :mellow:

hias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tom made an Update on his twitter about this:

A short while ago, Kingcom told me that he would like to resume hacking Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2 at some point early next year.​

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow nice, I loved those games but never knew there was even a PSX version of it.

Looks much better then the old GB / GBC versions.

Sadly they never officially ported the remakes for the DS to the US and or Europe ;(
Even now I think DQM / DQW is much better franchise then Pokemon !

• Love
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

A short while ago, Kingcom told me that he would like to resume hacking Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2 at some point early next year.​

Oh yeeees! :wub: Can't wait! Hopefully it'll come to an end this time.
Wow nice, I loved those games but never knew there was even a PSX version of it.

Looks much better then the old GB / GBC versions.

Sadly they never officially ported the remakes for the DS to the US and or Europe ;(
Even now I think DQM / DQW is much better franchise then Pokemon !
Absolutely agree.
The 3DS games were translated by fans though.
I still prefer the 2D art style. Thus I'm counting on the PSX translation project.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Seems to be offline. Can you post a direct link?

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been searching a lot about this and as I have seen there are many insisting on this translation and I hope that it will come out at some point and we can play this gem
I would even create a bounty for this but I don't know on which site I could do so. Bountysource is for Github issues only, sadly.

Yasivr

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Just a few days ago I asked tom and he said that he finished the translation and had passed it to kingcom and that he would take care of the script too bad I don't know how to contact him for news or anything but we just have to wait and see when he will do the translation
Post automatically merged:

It's been so long since the translation is expected and neither he nor anyone else has tried to translate this great game. I don't understand what's going on. Wow, it's incredible that people who talk about this leave such a famous game aside.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a few days ago I asked tom and he said that he finished the translation
I'm a little confused now. He finished translation?!
Why would Kingcom need to translate it any "further" then? Or do you mean Kingcom is just testing the translation (aka playthrough)?
Anyway thx for the update and for going after this. At least someone who loves that project as much as me. :)

Reactions: Yasivr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.