Hacking [Request] Converting a 3ds .sav file to a .cia save file

CosmicMeteor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Heya, everyone. As the title suggests, I need help on on converting a Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition [USA]'s Gateway .sav file so I can reuse the save in .cia. I recently updated to Luma and since I can no longer use Gateway I can't do it myself. If there's someone kind enough to help me, please pm. I will upload the .sav file there. Thanks in advance.

[Also, the FAQ in ROM hacking leads me here so I hope that I'm posting in the right subforum, haha.]

CosmicMeteor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

CosmicMeteor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The step 7 says that I need to export the save from the 'Cartridge'.

I'm not sure if that'll work if I don't have a game in my cartridge? Since it's filled when I select a game from Gateway ROM menu, after all.

So assuming it does work, I just have to skip the exporting save file part and go straight to the import? I don't think that's how it works, tbh, but I'll give it a go f you're sure.

I've seen people sending their .sav files to others who still have access to GW since apparently this method doesn't work if you can't get into GW, so that's what made me think I should make this thread.

Last edited by CosmicMeteor,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The step 7 says that I need to export the save from the 'Cartridge'.

I'm not sure if that'll work if I don't have a game in my cartridge? Since it's filled when I select a game from Gateway ROM menu, after all.

So assuming it does work, I just have to skip the exporting save file part and go straight to the import? I don't think that's how it works, tbh, but I'll give it a go f you're sure.

I've seen people sending their .sav files to others who still have access to GW since apparently this method doesn't work if you can't get into GW, so that's what made me think I should make this thread.
JK save manager (at least I think) have folders on SD card. One of these folders saves the save.sav file. You have to find which folder it is and put the .sav file in there. Then you can load it in other game (at least I hope it works like that). Otherwise, create save from any game, and replace .sav with your .sav and load it to game.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
JK save manager (at least I think) have folders on SD card. One of these folders saves the save.sav file. You have to find which folder it is and put the .sav file in there. Then you can load it in other game (at least I hope it works like that). Otherwise, create save from any game, and replace .sav with your .sav and load it to game.
Won't work, Gateway saves are encrypted cartridge saves, they're not the same as the decrypted .savs that JKSM might make (not all games even use that extension anyway)
There's no real reason why the .savs couldn't be decrypted without a Gateway as long as you have the header that was used, if any. But no one's made a tool for that.

Reactions: CosmicMeteor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs