Homebrew Request: Compile latest DS2Key source code (r48)

Gamer

DS Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello!

This is a 'small request'. Could someone compile the latest source code from DS2Key?
http://code.google.com/p/ds2key/source/checkout

I managed to compile the server, but for some reason, I can't get the Client (the NDS file) compiled, I always end getting a bunch of errors using the latest devkitpro (1.50) and I just give up lol.

But, I wonder if someone of you can get it working... would be cool if you compile both of them (client and server), in case I did something wrong with the Server (for Windows) too heh.

The reason?

Well, DS2Key works pretty fine for me (better than Win2DS or RTDS), however, sometimes the buttons get 'stuck'. But according to some of the latest revisions (a couple of years ago), seems he managed to fix the issue adding another protocol, but he never compiled it, from rev47:

(Server) Added support for a new protocol that decreases button press misses
and eliminates stuck buttons.

Would be pretty awesome if I can get the latest version up to rev48.

Thanks in advance guys.

Gamer

DS Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks a lot man!

It works pretty damn fine! I did some small testing, and seems the issues are indeed gone now. Gonna do some more testing tomorrow, but definitely there were some neat improvements. The server seems to work fine too.

Thanks again
smile.gif

sypherce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ds2key.1emu.net
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
Thanks a lot man!

It works pretty damn fine! I did some small testing, and seems the issues are indeed gone now. Gonna do some more testing tomorrow, but definitely there were some neat improvements. The server seems to work fine too.

Thanks again
smile.gif

Glad someone still finds my toy useful. Wish I had seen this earlier, I would have compiled it for you, lol.

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
sypherce said:
Gamer said:
Thanks a lot man!

Thanks again
smile.gif

Glad someone still finds my toy useful. Wish I had seen this earlier, I would have compiled it for you, lol.

Of course it is useful! It was a very good idea to make this program. I have a gamepad for my pc too but using this is batter then a gamepad.
smile.gif

Thanks for your nice program!
smile.gif

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sypherce said:
Gamer said:
Thanks a lot man!

Thanks again
smile.gif

Oh I thought sypherce disappeared.

So can you replace your ARM7 FIFO_SYSTEM thing to inputGetAndSend()?

And you should like this script (this ds2key.exe working fully):
CODE
#!/bin/sh

#Unix (with libxtst-dev)
gcc DS2Key/*.c -O2 -s -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -lXtst -o ds2key

#Windows
i586-mingw32msvc-windres -i DS2Key/resource.rc -O coff -o DS2Key/resource.o
i586-mingw32msvc-gcc -O2 -s DS2Key/*.c DS2Key/resource.o -DGUI -mwindows -Dsocklen_t=int -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -Dstrnicmp=strncasecmp -lwsock32 -o ds2key.exe
rm -f DS2Key/resource.o

Gamer

DS Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
sypherce said:
Gamer said:
Thanks a lot man!

Thanks again
smile.gif

Yep, I find it pretty damn useful
smile.gif
I also have a gamepad, but for a lot of games I prefer to use the DS.

For now, the latest rev works neat! Good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: