Hacking [Request] a DS flashcart firmware rebuilder/repacker/rewriter/etc...

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have this flashcart for DS that i use often, but it was faulty, and it don't work correctly, as well the owners of the project had just tossed it up, so i need some sort of a "firmware maker"so i can script it up and fix it, and knowing how this works, i'm pretty sure i'll have to buy a "DS card to USB" contraption on ebay, so, what you say?

Reactions: Margen67

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i don't know why for, but here goes

yes, it is a clone, mine says 2014 on it, but like i said "they tossed it up", they simply put a new sticker and cheat their costumers

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are two ways: either write a code to unrbick the card on your own (you should know ASM and a bit about the flashcard's hardware; you'll probably need verilog as well) or search an unbricker that works with the DS Lite firmware. The later seems not to exist.

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are two ways: either write a code to unrbick the card on your own (you should know ASM and a bit about the flashcard's hardware; you'll probably need verilog as well) or search an unbricker that works with the DS Lite firmware. The later seems not to exist.
uhm...... what unbricking have to do with anything again? the question here is how to fix a faulty card by rewriting it's code, and i wanna know how do i do that, Kupo:moogle:

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uhm...... what unbricking have to do with anything again? the question here is how to fix a faulty card by rewriting it's code, and i wanna know how do i do that, Kupo:moogle:
What do you mean? You'll need a DS lite anyways since you can't write anything to the R4 another way. For that you need a program that writes to the flash storage of the flashcard. That seems not to exist for your card so that you would have to write your own program.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just buy another flash cart. I was going to ask all kinds of questions about in what way exactly the cart is faulty, what system you've been using it on (DSlite, DSi, 3DS, etc.), so on and so forth, but honestly you should just do a little research and buy a reliable flash cart instead of one of those annual hardware updated clones.

wyll001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just buy another flash cart. I was going to ask all kinds of questions about in what way exactly the cart is faulty, what system you've been using it on (DSlite, DSi, 3DS, etc.), so on and so forth, but honestly you should just do a little research and buy a reliable flash cart instead of one of those annual hardware updated clones.
like was said in EVERY thread i made in this forum "Guys! he lives on Brazil! there's like 120% of taxes on every electronics sells in there" it's 75 bucks for a flashcart in here, buy anything is out of question
EDIT: i was going to say "really? why didn't i thought of that when i was traveling all around my state and spending days on the internet?!" but then you wouldn't get the hint, i'm not say rude stuff anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi