ROM Hack [Request] 3DS Step Editor

CyberMario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a few games today actually utilize the amount of steps the 3DS has taken daily over the amount of playcoins the person has. The Nintendo Direct today introduces even more games that will use the step counter for a feature in game.

Like how there is a playcoin editor, can someone make a step editor?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a few games today actually utilize the amount of steps the 3DS has taken daily over the amount of playcoins the person has. The Nintendo Direct today introduces even more games that will use the step counter for a feature in game.

Like how there is a playcoin editor, can someone make a step editor?
You can use a tool from the sdk leaked on that iso site.

It's called your legs, dummy.
No need to be so rude!

CyberMario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a tool from the sdk leaked on that iso site.

I'm having trouble finding what you are referring to on that iso site. I'm found a single thread on DevMenu and SaveDataFiler that has parts of the SDK leak I believe? Could you provide more information please?

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble finding what you are referring to on that iso site. I'm found a single thread on DevMenu and SaveDataFiler that has parts of the SDK leak I believe? Could you provide more information please?

I believe somebody asked this question before, and it doesn't actually work, people have changed the value to no effect. If you have a pokewalker, put it on top of something that shakes a lot (like a washer or a dryer). You can also just put your 3ds in sleep mode in a similar place.

To my knowledge, there's nothing working like you're asking for though, but the steps are stored in the same location as the play coins for reference.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT: Steps =/= coins, oops.
There is a (newly released) tool anyway, known as Pedometer Debug or PedometerHistoryChanger, but I don't know if it changes "today's steps" as seen on Home, it's mainly designed for editing the activity log
(check out the "developer" link in my sig :>)

Reactions: CyberMario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.