Homebrew [Request] 3ds homebrew channel using the web browser instead of ninjhax

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, it doesn't work yet. It doesn't work because some other thread on some other core is crashing when code is overwritten. I need to find a way to change that.

Oh, psh, explains why it wasn't working.

Can you answer my questions a bit?
1. Is a build from this source needed, or can the general boot.3DSX work?
2. Where must this .3DSX be placed? (I have mine in root.)

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Building ninjhax does not give you any 3dsx files. It's literally the loader for 3dsx. Your boot.3dsx is likely https://github.com/smealum/3ds_hb_menu and if spiderninja works, you do not have to recompile it. For building spiderninja, follow the readme. But it's not useful unless you can contribute to it which requires understanding how ninjhax works.

For those who do want to contribute, there really isn't much more to be done. https://github.com/yifanlu/ninjhax/issues

Reactions: Margen67

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Building ninjhax does not give you any 3dsx files. It's literally the loader for 3dsx. Your boot.3dsx is likely https://github.com/smealum/3ds_hb_menu and if spiderninja works, you do not have to recompile it. For building spiderninja, follow the readme. But it's not useful unless you can contribute to it which requires understanding how ninjhax works.

For those who do want to contribute, there really isn't much more to be done. https://github.com/yifanlu/ninjhax/issues

Okay, so do you have any clue why it won't output my .bin? I can get the .html payloads fine, but no .bin for my SD. Is this because it is not finished?

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, yifan_lu, I have done some stuff. I have made sure that I have devkitARM, armip.exe, and python installed. I've used them all before, and I also have ctrulib installed. I'm unsure if it is the newest, or if it is an older build. I installed it a few weeks ago, so MAYBE that is my problem.

I skipped over building ninjhax, mostly because I don't want to get the CROs, and all of that stuff. Maybe that is my problem? I'm unsure if I would need to compile that before running the spiderninja code, but it would be helpful to know that. Inside of the folder, I placed the armip.exe, then I ran the make command, which created a build and a html folder. The build folder contained a cro folder, and the html folder contained nothing. After running the python script to build spiderninja, and I got a few things inside of my build folder, as well as two html documents inside of the html folder. No bin was outputted, so I'm sure I must be making some silly noobish mistake.

I hope I am not annoying you, and if I am, you can say. I'm just trying to learn.

Photos of my folder:
Pre-make:

Post-make:

build folder post-python:

html folder post-python:

My terminal output:
bbnorman@bbnorman-Veriton-M460:~$ cd ~/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider
bbnorman@bbnorman-Veriton-M460:~/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman'
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman'
make[1]: *** [constants.txt] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants'
make: *** [firm_constants/constants.txt] Error 2
bbnorman@bbnorman-Veriton-M460:~/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman'
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman'
make[1]: *** [constants.txt] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants'
make: *** [firm_constants/constants.txt] Error 2
bbnorman@bbnorman-Veriton-M460:~/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider$ python scripts/buildSpiderninja.py 8.1.0-19U
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/PRE5'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `clean'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/PRE5'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/POST5'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/POST5'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/N3DS'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/N3DS'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants/WEST'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants/WEST'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants/JPN'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants/JPN'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/1024'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/1024'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/2049'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/2049'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/3074'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/3074'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/4096'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/2050'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/2050'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/3074'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/3074'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/4096'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/4096'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/SKATER_10'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_bootloader'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_bootloader'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/WEST'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/WEST/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/WEST/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/WEST'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/JPN'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/JPN/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/JPN/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader/JPN'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_qr_initial_loader'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/WEST'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/WEST/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/WEST/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/WEST'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/JPN'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/JPN/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/JPN/cn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader/JPN'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_save_initial_loader'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_secondary_payload'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_secondary_payload'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/oss_cro'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/oss_cro'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_command_handler'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_command_handler'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_code'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_code'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/1024'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/1024'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/2049'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/2049'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/3074'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/3074'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_code'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_code'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/2050'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/2050'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/3074'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/3074'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/4096'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_hook_rop'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/2050'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/2050'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/3074'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/3074'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/4096'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_initial_rop'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/2050'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/2050'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/3074'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/3074'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/4096'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_thread0_rop'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/2050'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/2050'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/3074'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/3074'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/4096'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/4096'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/SKATER_10'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/SKATER_10'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader/sn_initial'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader/sn_initial'
#@cd 2050 && make clean
#@cd 3074 && make clean
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader/4096'
all cleaned up !
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader'
all cleaned up !
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/POST5'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/firm_constants/POST5'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/4096'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants/4096'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/4096'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants/4096'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/spider_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants/WEST'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants/WEST'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/cn_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/4096'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants/4096'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_constants'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader/4096'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -o spiderninja.ro spiderninja.S -nostartfiles -nostdlib
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary spiderninja.ro spiderninja.dat
rm spiderninja.ro
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader/4096'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/sn_initial_loader'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/4096'
make[2]: armips: Command not found
make[2]: *** [ro_initial_rop.bin] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop/4096'
make[1]: *** [ro_initial_rop.bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bbnorman/Documents/3DS/ninjhax-ninjaspider/ro_initial_rop'
make: *** [ro_initial_rop/ro_initial_rop.bin] Error 2

The errors are at the bottom of that code, say that armips was not found, even though I know it works, and I've used it before. I tried this in my terminal as wine cmd, but it continually kept saying it would not work. The only thing I can think of is either putting the armips.exe inside of the folders it tries to execute the code, or just trying it from a PC with Windows.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read the readme, specifically "To build Spiderninja, follow the directions above and make sure a ninjhax build is successful."

Also, you don't have to post your build log, just read it. It says it can't find armips. Also you can't run windows exe on linux... Please wait for the actual release since even if you build it, it's not going to do much for you. When someone (or me in a month) finishes the last step, then I'll release binaries.

Reactions: lemanuel

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Same ones

Try and see if you can get the AM:U service working for it (or what ever services DevMen/BigBlueMenu usually require for CIA installation, I forget at the moment the exact name of the service they need). It would be useful for some to have a "legal" CIA installer for CFW. Currently BigRedMenu only works as a CIA file and of coarse to install that, you need to use DevMenu/BigBlueMenu which are leaked from Nintendo SDK and would be considered piracy using them.

Then the dev behind BigRedMenu can just build a 3dsx version for the web browser exploit version of Ninjhax. Free legal method of CIA installing! :D

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try and see if you can get the AM:U service working for it (or what ever services DevMen/BigBlueMenu usually require for CIA installation, I forget at the moment the exact name of the service they need). It would be useful for some to have a "legal" CIA installer for CFW. Currently BigRedMenu only works as a CIA file and of coarse to install that, you need to use DevMenu/BigBlueMenu which are leaked from Nintendo SDK and would be considered piracy using them.

You don't understand. I didn't choose to get the same services. That is how ninjhax works lol.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You don't understand. I didn't choose to get the same services. That is how ninjhax works lol.

Well that's unfortunate. I guess that means you'd have to get Arm11 kernel access to expand service access and I guess that wasn't in the plans when you were porting Ninjhax. I understand now. :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yifan Lu, Thank you for the work you did and are still doing on 3DS while this console wasn't your main interest.
There are a lot of people/newbies/kids demanding the same impossible things over and over, don't give too much attention to them. There are users who are grateful for what are doing.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read the readme, specifically "To build Spiderninja, follow the directions above and make sure a ninjhax build is successful."

Also, you don't have to post your build log, just read it. It says it can't find armips. Also you can't run windows exe on linux... Please wait for the actual release since even if you build it, it's not going to do much for you. When someone (or me in a month) finishes the last step, then I'll release binaries.

It is, actually, possible to run .exe on linux via an extended layer. it's how I compiled your Regionthree without SD card files release. I know it works, so that's why I'm confused why THIS won't work. Although, I can see now that building Ninjhax is required, so that is more than like the issue. I will wait, and thank you for your help.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's wrong with PBT-CFW (Except that it's made of stolen material, but meh)?
You mean aside from the fact that it didn't exist when that post was made?
Or the fact that it's for 4.x which is outdated and has a plethora of issues with newer games.
Or the fact that it's unstable and buggy as hell and a pita to actually get running.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean aside from the fact that it didn't exist when that post was made?
Or the fact that it's for 4.x which is outdated and has a plethora of issues with newer games.
Or the fact that it's unstable and buggy as hell and a pita to actually get running.

Sorry, didn't look at the date.
If you want newer games, rxMode (It reloads the encryption key, so no more losing of saves) or MT's emuNAND work. There aren't any legit CIAs right now that require a higher fw than 4.5. And if you go saying "outdated", well, 9.2 is too, so you have to get an emuNAND anyway to get games.
It usually doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to set up, given I have a stable wireless connection. But YMMV.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, didn't look at the date.
If you want newer games, rxMode (It reloads the encryption key, so no more losing of saves) or MT's emuNAND work. There aren't any legit CIAs right now that require a higher fw than 4.5. And if you go saying "outdated", well, 9.2 is too, so you have to get an emuNAND anyway to get games.
It usually doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to set up, given I have a stable wireless connection. But YMMV.
I have very stable wireless (with several APs throughout my house) and I can tell you right now that isn't the issue. It's the CFW. It's breaking wifi on the 3DS when loaded in "L mode". It's connected to the AP but not requesting an IP and opening the web browser to fix it just freezes the system 99.999% of the time. (As does launching an app after more than 20 seconds or closing the 3DS or staring at it)

As for 9.2 being outdated, not really. It's not the latest available FW but it is the latest publicly exploitable one as well as being within the current major build version. I was talking outdated as in antiquated/old, not versioning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night