[REQ]List of fake product sites/Sellers not to buy from etc

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Themanhunt, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Themanhunt
    OP

Member Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I've been here a meer few days, yet from what i've read there are a lot of clone cards out there, fake websites for clones and retailers stocking them for purchase.

The majority of people here and on other places view those who believe these websites to be believable as idiots, however some can be quite convincing...

The main point of making this topic is a request a list of website links to clone cards, the names of them and the names resellers of the clones to help those who can't make their mind up and want a safe list of sites that are fake and should be avoided.

Perhaps community members submitting their info and for them then to be verified by a staff member? And then the verified information added to a stickie full of verified clone sites etc?

Just a suggestion, but my thinking is that this would help a lot of people when buying...especially newcomers like me.

What do you think?

2. sergster1

Member sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. Themanhunt
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've heard that Lightake sell clones of card, and they're on there...

4. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Nice to see xpertron on there, good shop good service i highly recommend them.

5. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    I've bought my AK2i (at least) from lightake and it was legit and runs the latest AKAIO without problems. Also the customer service was nice (reply within 24h), but so was zhuzhuchina, where I ordered a few carts. Can't say for everyone, but currently I don't have a single bad thing to say about lightake. Only problem (as always), when ordering from China with regular mail, is delivery times. Mine took around 3 weeks to arrive..

Bottom line: There are quite a few shops on Shoptemp and most of them are easily found to be 100% legit. Sometimes there are problems with shops selling fake carts, but that might not necessarily be their fault. Most shops are in China so what can you expect? This goes down with everything there (a few of my friends over there tend to go to bigger cities (Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc) to buy their electronics to avoid local versions of products).

-Qtis

6. Themanhunt
    OP

United Kingdom
    I still think what I suggested is a good idea. Someone new to the DS hacking scene would not even know what a clone is, and this information is vital. Even though you can bypass it through shoptemp, it's still a vital piece of information to do with DS hacking; even though it can be avoided.

7. caaraa

Banned caaraa Banned

United States
    It is right.
    [​IMG]