Hacking Req: How to dump wiiware games (make wads)?

drewsus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just wondering, how do I dump purchased wiiware games (to SD/PC as .wad)? I can't seem to find anything here or on google and it could be that I am just using an incorrect term.
Any help would be much appreciated.
dRewsus

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
whats the point, when you can get all the wiiware games from certain places anyway,
also yes you can DUMP them, you just havn't looked properly, my suggestion is search again....if you dont know much about dumping the Wiiware games or whatever, i suggest you read into it before jumping into it*
wink2.gif

drewsus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I want to share. And no, I can't find the specific Wiiware wad online. Its a new game (10 days old now). Im not sure if I am allowed to mention the game specifically cuz that might seem like a request?
I would say what terms would I be looking for if I havne't been looking properly. I searched "wiiware dump" "wiiware dump wad" "how to rip wiiware games to pc" "how to rip wwiware to sd"' etc etc here and on google. I could never find anything relevant (not to mention that here you have to wait a minute between searches...). I would love to read about it for days and days if I could find anything to do with the subject.
I say "I would say" all that but djdynamite123 seems to have answered that?
I will look into that (see, I knew nothing about "nand" so I could never have known to search for that, hence me asking here.
Thanks very much for the answers so far. Any further pointers would be greatly appreciated!

dRewsus

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
whats the point, when you can get all the wiiware games from certain places anyway
Because not all WiiWare games are dumped and the person wants to share?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Google (or better yet) use the search function of GBATemp (it is soooooo much powerful) and just type:

Trent Fox's Wad Packer or TF wadpack you want v0.2beta, ok..??
smile.gif

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
One thing that bothers me every time I enter a topic is that when someone asks something, people who reply NEVER answer the damned fucking question. It's always the same. Someone asks something and then someone else comes up and says:"oh, why do you want to know that, it's useless, you better not play with dangerous stuff, youre far too inexperienced to do this" or stuff. I mean, it's okay to give your advice or your opinion about the matter but try at least to answer the question. You could simply say "I don't know but maybe you shouldn't...blahblahblah" But no, people always are replying all kind of stuff instead of trying to answer what someone is asking. I know this because it always happens to me. Do I need to explain why I want to know something? Maybe if it's needed to get the best possible answer, but not for getting people to help you in the first place.

[/rant]

I'm sorry, I just find VERY annoying when that happens. Oh, and I'm not talking about someone in particular, there are a lot of people here who feel they know everything but never help at all.

drewsus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well djdynamite123 I have to say that I appreciate anyone's input. Why consider any topic closer if someone has something useful to say? There have been a couple useful tidbits of information added since someone prematurely pronounced this thread closed.
I appreciated any and all input.

dRewsus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi