Hacking Reputable Sky3DS sellers in the UK

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there guys, I'm new here :P

For the past couple of days I have been trying to find a reputable site from which to buy a Sky3DS card for my N3DS XL MM Edition (see profile pic!)

The problem is all of the sites listed on the Sky3DS resellers page are either a) not really UK based, b) offer completely unencrypted payment pages ( I would prefer PayPal), c) out of stock or d) websites look pretty dodgy (and almost identical to others) and have reviews to back that up.

Has anyone bought a Sky3DS card and had it actually ship from the UK and get here in a reasonable time (2-3 days).

My other option would be buying from a USA/Asian based seller, but ideally I would like to get my hands on the card as soon as possible! As I am a new member I obviously can't look in the trade section to check if anyone on here actually has one for sale in the UK, but I think that would be quite unlikely anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Charlie.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally wouldn't order from any site that isn't on the official reseller list on the sky3ds website, keep in mind tho even tho they are official they still can be shady so cross reference the links I put below and search for people's feedback on those sites by searching gba temp, if there is no mentions to them on here I'd stay away.

Official United Kingdom Sky3DS Resellers, note most if not all are not located in the UK and most are probably located in China but they ship to UK.

Digimartz.com
Gamedepot4u.com
Teensy.co.uk
Gateway-3ds.net
Dstwogo.com
3dscarduk.com
Max-console.com

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Digimartz.com - Asia based
Gamedepot4u.com - $90 min order
Teensy.co.uk - Out of stock
Gateway-3ds.net - Postage via "registered airmail" hence based in Asia
Dstwogo.com - Supposedly UK based, Unsecured payment page, asks for "issuing bank" when paying which I've never seen before.
3dscarduk.com - Supposedly UK based, Unsecured payment page (looks to be a copy of DStwogo.com site)
Max-console.com - Airmail, hence Asia based.

In short all the genuine retailers either aren't really based in the UK or look pretty dodgy.

I don't know what to do because I would like to get it soon and don't want to be waiting 10+ days from China.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Digimartz.com - Asia based
Gamedepot4u.com - $90 min order
Teensy.co.uk - Out of stock
Gateway-3ds.net - Postage via "registered airmail" hence based in Asia
Dstwogo.com - Supposedly UK based, Unsecured payment page, asks for "issuing bank" when paying which I've never seen before.
3dscarduk.com - Supposedly UK based, Unsecured payment page (looks to be a copy of DStwogo.com site)
Max-console.com - Airmail, hence Asia based.

In short all the genuine retailers either aren't really based in the UK or look pretty dodgy.

I don't know what to do because I would like to get it soon and don't want to be waiting 10+ days from China.

Chinese shipping is usually fast in my experience atleast to canada, took my sky3ds 5days to get here from China via Hong Kong post which was the free option they also had ups for 8$ with gaurnteed delivery in 6-8 days from gamezway.com but I don't think they ship to UK because not listed on official uk list yet they are on Canada's list. Go check if gamezway.com will ship to UK. Gamezway use to be a sponsor of this site I belive I'm not sure if they are still but from my research they are pretty reputable and fast.

Really it's a gamble with all these sites, we are dealing with a product that is illegal to be sold so really any of these sites could decide to fk al their customers when they close/get shut down. What I do with shady purchases is use a credit card dedicated for ordering flashcards and other shady stuff and I keep a close eye on the bill and yet to get fked by and site and I order many flashcarts, the cc also has a very low limit at my request so if they do hit my account they won't take much.

Most sites that scam customers only work if the customer doesn't realize they have been charged, because all you have to do it call your cc company and reverse the charge as its fraud, many people don't keep track of what's comming out of their credit cards thus get scamme without even knowing it.

I would search the UK links on gbatemp forum search and the one that came up with the most positive results I would order. Keep in mind you will most likely need a VISA card hd not a debit credit card, some places take MasterCard but most don't and almost all don't accept visa/MasterCard debit cc as they have been banned to purchase modchips/flashcards.

Hopefully somone from the UK who has purchased a SKY3ds can link you to the site that they purchased it from and what was their experience in shipping times.

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered from 3dscarduk.com and I got it within 5 working days. They ship from the UK and are pretty rapid at dispatch but if they are out of stock you will have to wait for them to ship from China I believe.
Any way 3dscarduk.com is a good place to order from

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply mrGREEK360, the site you mentioned does ship to the UK and costs $8.50 for faster shipping (6 days). It has exactly the same payment page as the two UK sites I was a bit sceptical about, but it seems ZeD has had success with one of them at least, so I think I might as well buy from them as they are UK based and see how it goes!

Thanks a lot both of you :)

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your reply mrGREEK360, the site you mentioned does ship to the UK and costs $8.50 for faster shipping (6 days). It has exactly the same payment page as the two UK sites I was a bit sceptical about, but it seems ZeD has had success with one of them at least, so I think I might as well buy from them as they are UK based and see how it goes!

I would still recommend to buy QQ3DS

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Np, make sure you purchase a sandisk card for it from a local big box retailer said or from Amazon but only sold from Amazon and not a retailer using amazon to sell product like ebay. Most problems from sky3ds/qq3ds stem from fake/unsupported sd cards, Kingston sometimes work but it seems sandisk is the best choice for the sky3ds, make sure it's a class 10 with good read write speeds.

Like Xenophy said you could purchase a qq3ds which isnt a clone but the exact same card with different lable and comes with a clone r4i to play DS games but my personal experience has been its hard to find a reputable retailer with qq3DS plus I like to support the original developer of the cards and not clones/stolen cards as sky3ds claims they are. I haven't purchased a clone other then the blu card(clone r4i I think) that came with my gateway but don't use it, I use my DSTWO for DS games.

Keep in mind tho if you do order from China that it's kinda the luck of the draw if the package will be selected for further screenings that could delay the package. Of all the flashcards iv purchased in my signature they have all been received within a week and none were shipped from canada. Realhotstuff hk site is now gone but that's where I ordered my gateway took 5 Buisness days same with my EZFlash iv ordered from the same place.

vhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah after doing a TON of research for my gateway card there is no local stockist for either sky3ds or gateways cards.. I ended up getting my gateway from playmods which unfortunately don't do sky3ds. I would look for a EU shipper rather than asia for quicker delivery. Playmods for me I read is about 5 days as they deliver from Cyprus.

I ordered from 3dscarduk.com and I got it within 5 working days. They ship from the UK and are pretty rapid at dispatch but if they are out of stock you will have to wait for them to ship from China I believe.
Any way 3dscarduk.com is a good place to order from

3dscard are dropshippers they dont have UK stock they order your product from Asia to there own address then send from there to your address to get recorded delivery and to look like it came from UK. I read a lot about this on the web.. They do have a few in stock at a time however and you may have been a lucky one and got one, thats how you got in 5 working days but general feedback around the web is people have to wait around 3-4 weeks.

rickycoe123

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered from 3dscard. It came within 5 days too, but also had to make its way through Heathrow. Why would it need to if it's UK stock?

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up buying from 3dscarduk.com

I emailed them before I purchased to ask whether the Sky3DS was definitely in stock in the UK warehouse, but bought before I got a reply.

I now have the reply and they said "Yes, we have sky3ds in UK and ready to ship" and my order status has changed to "New status: UK Warehouse Processing"

Hopefully it will get here in a couple of days! I also asked in my message if they accept payment by PayPal and they said they could send me a PayPal invoice to pay that way, but as I say, I had already bought the card.

rickycoe123

Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up buying from 3dscarduk.com

I emailed them before I purchased to ask whether the Sky3DS was definitely in stock in the UK warehouse, but bought before I got a reply.

I now have the reply and they said "Yes, we have sky3ds in UK and ready to ship" and my order status has changed to "New status: UK Warehouse Processing"

Hopefully it will get here in a couple of days! I also asked in my message if they accept payment by PayPal and they said they could send me a PayPal invoice to pay that way, but as I say, I had already bought the card.

The PayPal invoice is good to know. I may order a Sky another time via PayPal :)

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Received my Sky3DS yesterday from 3dscarduk.com (arrived in non-standard packaging, a 6 slot 3DS cartridge holder, which is probably better than the stock packaging)! It was delivered Royal Mail signed for, but the packaging also contained chinese writing and a customs envelope which I assume means they actually ship from China and then send it with Royal Mail when it arrives at their warehouse (which is why it takes roughly a week rather than the 1 day Royal Mail delivery should be). The card works however and I am happy with it.

My gateway3ds has just arrived today from playmods.co.uk, ordered 3 days after the sky3ds. Have yet to use it but I am sure it will be fine!

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Received my Sky3DS yesterday from 3dscarduk.com (arrived in non-standard packaging, a 6 slot 3DS cartridge holder, which is probably better than the stock packaging)! It was delivered Royal Mail signed for, but the packaging also contained chinese writing and a customs envelope which I assume means they actually ship from China and then send it with Royal Mail when it arrives at their warehouse (which is why it takes roughly a week rather than the 1 day Royal Mail delivery should be). The card works however and I am happy with it.

My gateway3ds has just arrived today from playmods.co.uk, ordered 3 days after the sky3ds. Have yet to use it but I am sure it will be fine!

they sent it from hongkong using royal mail. HK uses the same mail service as uk :) (at least they are both called royal mail)

And I completely forgot to mention that i m selling my sky card.... -.- :D
So if u still need one tell me :)

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Just to let you know I am a sky3ds seller in the UK. I do free deliveries within the UK via 1st class on Royal Mail.

pm me for further details

Thanks

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try ombouweindhoven.nl. It will take 2-3 days and you need a quick dutch for dummies guide. I bought mine at this site and I had it the following day, updated to v112 and games on the SD card I ordered with it.

solid2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone recommend a UK seller that accepts card payment via a HTTPS website?

All the ones I found are non HTTPS and I just don't feel comfortable putting my card details through such sites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1