Reports indicate Sony may have disabled PlayStation Plus subscription stacking

playstation-plus.jpg

As we approach PlayStation Plus' revamp coming in June, more details have been emerging about how the transition to the new PlayStation Plus will work. In a new FAQ posted yesterday, Sony announced that those subscribed to both PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now will be automatically upgraded to the highest tier for the length of the longer subscription. Meaning, if you had a PlayStation Now subscription set to end in July and a PlayStation Plus subscription set to end in November, you would receive the highest tier of PlayStation Plus benefits until November, which would be your new renewal date.

However, users are now reporting that they are unable to stack time onto their PlayStation Plus subscription, whether through the PS Store or prepaid cards. Posts on reddit, Resetera and Twitter show that those with active subscriptions are unable to add more time to them, even with prepaid cards. According to PushSquare, customer support has told customers that the function has been "temporarily disabled" and concerned users should keep an eye out for updates on the situation. Over on the PlayStation Twitter, customers have been either contacted through private direct message or directed to a generic FAQ support page.

While Sony has not confirmed why the functionality was disabled or even if it was done intentionally, it seems likely it was done to prevent users from purchasing PS Plus subscriptions at the current lower price knowing it will soon grant them premium benefits.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont forget to get @simbin a 12 month ps+ premium sub

Well.... that may actually be a possibility. But would they or anyone else do the same had I been correct? Magic 8 ball says "Chances Unlikely".

I had got 2 yrs of PS Plus at $25 a year (expires March 2024) Everywhere is sold out of (edit: USA) PS Now codes but they are still available on the Sony Rewards site. I got two 30 days codes for $17.50 each. A bit spendy for just PS Now, but if it actually works I'll basically have paid $85 for 2 years of Premium. It says codes can take 5 days to be delieverd via email. But naturally that's IF they get delivered, and IF they even work. Time will tell.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. so update on my last post. I received both codes. I entered one in and it worked no problem. I am now sitting with PS Plus expiring March 2024 and PS Now expiring this May 28th. Thing is, auto renew is enabled on PS Now for $10 a month which is less than the $17.50 I paid. I thought about letting it auto-renew and selling the 2nd 30-day code for a profit, but theres the very real chance of Sony disabling PS Now auto-renew before the end of next month & also the chance of them disabling any/all PS Now codes at any given second. I guess I should just redeem the 2nd code. At $35 for the 2 months of PS Now, I still ended up saving $155 on two years of Premium.

Edit: Redeemed 2nd code to be on the safe side. If you have Sony Rewards points. Go go go!!! Before they remove/disable them from being purchased/redeemed. I really haven't seen anyone else on any other site mention Sony Rewards to get codes.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    168 KB · Views: 38

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason why I hate PS Plus...

So you hate PS Plus for no longer being able to stack PS Plus. What are the other completely valid reasons? 🤣

Funny how most people complaining about this didn't give two shits whether or not they could stack PS Plus until now, and weren't stacked. Then suddenly when it's removed... EVIL EVIL EVIL SONY! If people had cared, they would have stacked up when the $25 for a year of Plus was going on. But now that they realize they missed out, blaming Sony is the easiest thing for some to do.

mja7011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my local grocery store still has the 12 playstation now month cards avaliable for purchase. If I were to buy one, and redeem it after June 13th (when the all new playstation plus launches) would the card work? Additionally, Are PS Now pre paid cards also being blocked to redeem? Or just PS+?

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my local grocery store still has the 12 playstation now month cards avaliable for purchase. If I were to buy one, and redeem it after June 13th (when the all new playstation plus launches) would the card work? Additionally, Are PS Now pre paid cards also being blocked to redeem? Or just PS+?

On the PS Store you can only buy one month of PS Now, so that isn't disabled, and PS Now prepaid cards were recalled so I haven't heard anyone mention them. If there's still a spot that has them near you it might be worth a shot. Depends how much you trust Sony/your grocery store's refund policy.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So you hate PS Plus for no longer being able to stack PS Plus. What are the other completely valid reasons? 🤣

Funny how most people complaining about this didn't give two shits whether or not they could stack PS Plus until now, and weren't stacked. Then suddenly when it's removed... EVIL EVIL EVIL SONY! If people had cared, they would have stacked up when the $25 for a year of Plus was going on. But now that they realize they missed out, blaming Sony is the easiest thing for some to do.

Sony is not your friend nor do you need to defend them. This type of corporate fanboyism is why they do anti consumer moves like this. Stop being a cuck when they don’t give a shit about you

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the PS Store you can only buy one month of PS Now, so that isn't disabled, and PS Now prepaid cards were recalled so I haven't heard anyone mention them. If there's still a spot that has them near you it might be worth a shot. Depends how much you trust Sony/your grocery store's refund policy.

PS Now HAS been disabled from purchase on PSN Store. I tried earier from the PSN and the option to buy even 30 days was not there. It's been replaced with a notice about the merging of services. At least on PC. Maybe it's still up if a person tried from a PS4 or PS5? But I did just redeem two digital codes for 60 days of PS Now and had no problem. Redeem em while ya can, but yea. Just becasue the two I bought worked doesn't mean everyones will.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony is not your friend nor do you need to defend them. This type of corporate fanboyism is why they do anti consumer moves like this. Stop being a cuck when they don’t give a shit about you

First off, never said anything about being friends with anyone from Sony. Secondly, stop being a cuck ass crybaby yourself. You're just another one upset because you didn't give a fuck about stacking until now. Until it was going to benefit YOU. But if a move benefits someone other than yourself.... EVIL. Lol. Go cry elsewhere cuck boy. "Whaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Sony disabled stacking of a service that's going to end! Whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" What a difficult life you must have. 😂

How about you wait until the new tiers start, wait for a sale, then stack. Then you can quit being a little crybaby cuck about it all.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, never said anything about being friends with anyone from Sony. Secondly, stop being a cuck ass crybaby yourself. You're just another one upset because you didn't give a fuck about stacking until now. Until it was going to benefit YOU. But if a move benefits someone other than yourself.... EVIL. Lol. Go cry elsewhere cuck boy. "Whaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Sony disabled stacking of a service that's going to end! Whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" What a difficult life you must have. 😂

How about you wait until the new tiers start, wait for a sale, then stack. Then you can quit being a little crybaby cuck about it all.

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”

Also you're almost right...except I never gave a fuck about stacking, since I'm a steam and GamePass user (I don't pay for PS+). This is a dick move though for anyone that did stack though, and this is clearly to set up a price increase so that users can't get locked for multiple years when it happens. With that said, I'm done responding to you since after reviewing your post quality for most things ( i agree with you on some things), it's not really worth my time to continue engaging with you.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: cvskid

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the cycle of ego with Sony. Same shit happened during the PS3 era when they got ego driven from the success of the PS2 and it took them years to dig themselves out of that, only for the PS4 era to see them be the good guys again especially with what was going on with both Microsoft and Nintendo at the time.

The PS4 era was fantastic for them, so now they are back to the ego driven mentality with the PS5 era.
What happened with microsoft and nintendo in the ps4 era?

Can someone explain what subscription stacking is and its perceived benefit?

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”

Also you're almost right...except I never gave a fuck about stacking, since I'm a steam and GamePass user (I don't pay for PS+). This is a dick move though for anyone that did stack though, and this is clearly to set up a price increase so that users can't get locked for multiple years when it happens. With that said, I'm done responding to you since after reviewing your post quality for most things ( i agree with you on some things), it's not really worth my time to continue engaging with you.

I know perfectly well what the word means, and it was correctly used. Not to mention, you're the first one to use it. I was just following your lead.

Oh, you obviously care a good amount or you wouldn't even be here with your cuck posts about it. I'm sure people will be able to stack just fine after the transition and there will be plenty of sales throughout the year just like there always has been. Stop crying about it little fella. And for the record, a year of PS Premium is $120. A year of Game Pass Ultiamte is officially what? $180? You're effectively crying about PS charging people a higher price when Game Pass has the higher price for all subs longer than 30 days, and you willingly pay it, without complains. LMFAO! Even though Game Pass has a significantly smaller catalog of games. But you know, keep up the great detective work there, Sherlock. :lol:

Also nice you admitted to creeping on my posts. Pretty weird. But okay. If I wanted to bother wasting my time looking at the rest of your work of worthless art posts, I'm pretty certain I would feel the same way. Try to smile sometimes though. You'll be able to stack again sooner than later my friend. It will all be okay. :)

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened with microsoft and nintendo in the ps4 era?

Can someone explain what subscription stacking is and its perceived benefit?
Microsoft Released the Xbox One, which rumors leading up to the release were speaking of this console making games "single use" install discs making the idea of allowing friends to borrow games or more so, used game resellers (gamestop) unable to use these games once they are purchased and used. The other issue was the always online system and the infamous quote at the time from the jackass in charge of xbox at the time that "those who are offline should just use an xbox 360 instead" which rightfully so got him booted from the company shortly after. Those rumors also ended up being true at first anyways, but they immediately backpedaled due to massive backlash and Sony just ripping their asshole apart with their PS4 conference going in the opposite direction of MS and saying how they support lending games to friends and used games being sold, and that the system is not always online. Basically Sony stuck MS hard when they were at their most vulnerable and because of that they were made the de-facto winner of that generation.

As with Nintendo of that era? The 3DS and the Wii U should be more than enough of a reason to understand why.

Simply said, Sony had a leg up in the situation, striking down MS when they were doing stupid shit with the Xbone and made themselves the favorite of the era because of it.. Meanwhile Nintendo just did not know what the hell they were doing at the time.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft Released the Xbox One, which rumors leading up to the release were speaking of this console making games "single use" install discs making the idea of allowing friends to borrow games or more so, used game resellers (gamestop) unable to use these games once they are purchased and used. The other issue was the always online system and the infamous quote at the time from the jackass in charge of xbox at the time that "those who are offline should just use an xbox 360 instead" which rightfully so got him booted from the company shortly after. Those rumors also ended up being true at first anyways, but they immediately backpedaled due to massive backlash and Sony just ripping their asshole apart with their PS4 conference going in the opposite direction of MS and saying how they support lending games to friends and used games being sold, and that the system is not always online. Basically Sony stuck MS hard when they were at their most vulnerable and because of that they were made the de-facto winner of that generation.

As with Nintendo of that era? The 3DS and the Wii U should be more than enough of a reason to understand why.

Simply said, Sony had a leg up in the situation, striking down MS when they were doing stupid shit with the Xbone and made themselves the favorite of the era because of it.. Meanwhile Nintendo just did not know what the hell they were doing at the time.
Wii U I understand, but the 3ds was a huge hit wasn't it? I loved the n3ds.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U I understand, but the 3ds was a huge hit wasn't it? I loved the n3ds.
The 3DS did not move as many units first, it was more expensive than what people were willing to pay for and the gimmick was not worth it in many people's eyes. It would not be until they released cheaper versions and the "2DS" did it actually start selling better.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony blocking any loopholes to get cheaper premium PS+ is pretty funny when you look at Game Pass, which has intentionally kept the 1:1 Xbox Live Gold upgrade available for years now. Good job Sony.

Reactions: G33ksquad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1