Report bad ads here (popups, videos, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
hello,

We have recently switched ad platforms (we're with Freestar now). Thanks to ads we can pay for server bills, we can afford nice prizes for competitions, we can reward our staff, and more.

While the new platform is great for us financially, it comes with some caveats. Their filtering system isn't perfect and sometimes some bad ads slip past their filters.

If you get an ad such as:
- popups (a popup ad is an actual new page opening up in your browser, not a full-screen ad overlay: those are supposed to show up on mobile once per session, and they have a "close" button)
- browser hijacks: you were visiting gbatemp and were suddenly redirected to another site
- ads with audio
- ads with videos that have audio, or without audio but that make your browser scroll up or down

Please report these bad ads here: click here to access the bad ad submission form (alt URL: here https://gbatemp.net/reportbadads.html ) You need to access this from the same browser that received the bad ad, because the form will automatically identify the last ads that you have been getting. Every report will be useful and will help not only on GBAtemp but all other sites on the same network.

Thanks for your contributions!

Last edited by Costello,

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This fucking ad

Screenshot_2018-04-27-12-18-21.png

Tyson34

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i got a popup on 360 web cleaner. its annoying cause it pops up when i least expect it. hope it gets fixed. cheers mate :D

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
so did you guys all use the report form to report the ads, from the same device that got the bad ads?

I am going to email our supplier once again, it's starting to get awful...
edit: email sent

Last edited by Costello,

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have received a reply from our supplier - they said they will take action immediately.
It's important that you let us know if you keep getting bad ads, from now on, because we need to know whether their actions are effective.

I'm personally not getting these ads (it's probably because of my geographical location), but I know Shaun's been getting them. So rest assured we're just as annoyed as you guys are and we're doing our best to resolve these issues.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6966378A-49D4-412A-BA9B-5B92CD1C8312.png

I’m not having any real troubles on desktop, but mobile is a mess. This ad in particular is miserably implemented. I bought a bag of it, what else do they want from me?

Edit: I cleared all data from Safari, didn’t help. Ad still popped up in creating posts. I turned on my VPN, no more ad popping up. Seems to be regionally targeted. I put my location in Ontario. I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

Last edited by brickmii82,
Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. On my iPhone (using Firefox), the site is laggy. Scrolling is slow, buttons are slow to respond, but worst of all there’s extreme lag when entering messages (like as I am doing right now). So bad that the caps that should only be one letter carries over to multiple, sometimes it completely freezes and types the characters and shows the animation several seconds after I touched the screen, and Predictive acts glitchy when combined with that. I’m blaming it on layered ads. You see, there’s this ad always at the bottom of the screen, it sticks to the bottom when scrolling (does that make sense?). It has a little X button that’s kinda hard to hit, but if you hit it, sometimes instead of going away, it changes to a different ad, as if it had been removed but there was another one underneath. I think this is happening with all the ads on the site, hence the lag. I’d rather not pay $10 to remove the lag-causing ads just to browse the site easier, so, I was wondering if you could fix it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also there is extreme lag (like the freezing I mentioned earlier) when an ad changes or appears (yes, the ad that I mentioned with the X sometimes reappears after a while despite not having reloaded).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ALSo, Kritik Wave basalen A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)