Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes GBAtemp you are annoying me once again! :angry:

This is a reminder to everyone that GBAtemp is not an imageboard it is a discussion forum. There has been an increasing trend that I have been moderating more and more lately of people only replying to posts with an image or a gif. This is not acceptable posting, especially when most of the instances of this tend to be stupid, off topic or flamey and add nothing of value to the thread they are posted in.

So remember, having the entirety of your post consist of an image or gif will result in your post being deleted and may also result in a warn! :O

Thanks.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
This ruling is stupid. That's all I got to say about that in plain text. If this place is going to become as strict as Nintendo's Miiverse then screw that.

EDIT: Oh and I will be PM'íng all the Admins about this post and matter being a complete joke.

Reactions: Megadriver94

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
but, cant an image say more than 1000 words? thats more than most users need to get their message count to 1000...
No it can not.
does this count in the eof?
No it doesn't, you can spam that up as much as you like.
This ruling is stupid. That's all I got to say about that in plain text. If this place is going to become as strict as Nintendo's Miiverse then screw that.

This is not a new ruling, this is an actual preexisting rule that has been part of the forums rules for years. I am reminding everyone about it in this thread seeing as of late people have been ignoring the rule.

EDIT: Oh and I will be PM'íng all the Admins about this post and matter being a complete joke.
Firstly I am an admin, and you can PM whoever you like, posting just images or gifs has never been acceptable here and has been against the rules for years like I already said.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not a new ruling, this is an actual preexisting rule that has been part of the forums rules for years. I am reminding everyone about it in this thread seeing as of late people have been ignoring the rule.
at first i did not believe you so i look at the rules and yup its there "under General Forum Decency" rule 5
and are you gonna start enforcing the "meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion" rule?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never fully understood why this rule exists.
Look at it this way: The rule essentially states that you can not post a picture, even if it is beneficial to another member, unless you also add some text to your post.
Granted, members tend to just add images when there is no need for it.

I believe that as long as the picture benefits another forum member, there doesn't need to be text in the post. However, if the image doesn't directly benefit anyone, then it should also be accompianed by some text.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've never fully understood why this rule exists.
Look at it this way: The rule essentially states that you can not post a picture, even if it is beneficial to another member, unless you also add some text to your post.
Granted, members tend to just add images when there is no need for it.

I believe that as long as the picture benefits another forum member, there doesn't need to be text in the post. However, if the image doesn't directly benefit anyone, then it should also be accompianed by some text.

The moderators aren't robots. If it fits the context of the topic to just post a picture.... then that'd be fine!

Geez, I don't understand the hate towards this rule. It's basically "no one-word posts" expanded to include useless pictures. I fully agree with this!

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
The moderators aren't robots. If it fits the context of the topic to just post a picture.... then that'd be fine!

Geez, I don't understand the hate towards this rule. It's basically "no one-word posts" expanded to include useless pictures. I fully agree with this!
My final line pretty much sums up your response.

Reactions: Feeling it!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Yep exactly, we can tell what is a useful post and what is trash.

I think the hate displayed justifies my creation of this topic completely. It proves that people have actually forgotten that we had this rule in the first place, which was implemented originally to maintain a good standard of forum discussion.

I have lost count of the number of "dis gonna be gud" "abandon thread" and Abe Simpson walking in and out of a door gifs I have deleted and I don't get why people keep using them. It just makes you look like a retarded 12 year old.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My final line pretty much sums up your response.

Oh, I read your final line as a "I don't like this rule, I think it should be allowed if it fits" comment, Sorry.

I have lost count of the number of "dis gonna be gud" "abandon thread" and Abe Simpson walking in and out of a door gifs I have deleted

Don't forget the MJ eating popcorn one *sighs*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol