Hacking Reply from gateway 3ds about support 3ds V9.2.0-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting a pretty safe bet on it being restricted to ROM loading, because if they have the potential for all the same functionality, I'm not sure why they'd tell people on 4.x to stay on 4.x.

Could be if they have an exploit, it's more of a hassle to use. We already know the profile exploit is gone, so if they have another, it would need another entry point. So if for example it was something like a save exploit/game exploit, then it would still make sense to stay on 4.5, as running the profile exploit is far less hassle, than booting a game, exploit, then swapping to the gateway

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
We can't comment on the new 9.x features yet, this is not fully completed yet
and we do not want to speculate even if we are near.

We will soon post more news and videos on our site to give more details about
what is coming for our users.

Stay tuned and as always, enjoy!
I just asked them if the features of the new update are gonna be the same as the current one and got this reply.​

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

ztoben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on 4.5 you need to stay there because they have not released the update yet. If you update to 9x your card won't work right now.

ztoben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on 4.5 you need to stay there because they have not released the update yet. If you update to 9x your card won't work right now.

I think that's pretty obvious considering they haven't even made an official announcement about it yet.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dammit, this is really bad timing ,i wonder if sky3ds really caused GW to make an early announcement , if they did it could have really fucked things up for us
what if GW does have a new exploit ,, but it is not able to make region free loading , then ninty releases new3ds in all other regions outside japan with a new FW update , all other regions outside japan would be screwed if they want to buy a new3ds to use GW on , i wish they had waited a little longer ,at least til full launch of the new3ds

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dammit, this is really bad timing ,i wonder if sky3ds really caused GW to make an early announcement , if they did it could have really fucked things up for us
what if GW does have a new exploit ,, but it is not able to make region free loading , then ninty releases new3ds in all other regions outside japan with a new FW update , all other regions outside japan would be screwed if they want to buy a new3ds to use GW on , i wish they had waited a little longer ,at least til full launch of the new3ds

That's a lot of If's. Just be patient and wait and see. Personally I doubt It will be that feature packed, just have the ability to load region restricted roms. They sound like they're pretty sure it will get blocked in a future update (like sky3ds will) but it's hard for nintendo to block something before they see it. Just stay on 4.5 if you have one (if you don't, why the fuck not it's awesome!) and wait and see what happens. All I wanted was GBA support for Golden Sun but now .. the scene has just blown up lately.

Reactions: Danjal

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a lot of If's. Just be patient and wait and see. Personally I doubt It will be that feature packed, just have the ability to load region restricted roms. They sound like they're pretty sure it will get blocked in a future update (like sky3ds will) but it's hard for nintendo to block something before they see it. Just stay on 4.5 if you have one (if you don't, why the fuck not it's awesome!) and wait and see what happens. All I wanted was GBA support for Golden Sun but now .. the scene has just blown up lately.

yeah i have 4.5 , i am just hoping it will be a full exploit on 9.x for only one reason , I WANT A NEW3DS!
i would think that they will have emunand again on 9.x so if we stay on on 9.x we will get support for future games, , but new3ds exclusives are still a wildcard ,

this sky team are really a bunch of dicks and may have screwed over the scene by releasing their card, forcing GW's hand to have to make an an announcement and earlier than planned release of their new 9.x exploit, GW were being smart and i bet they had this exploit for a while but were choosing not to release anything till after full rollout of new3ds and perhaps after the 1st new3ds exclusive title launch

seems like they have screwed us all over, and they were greedy and screwed themselves over as well because of their stupid 10 game DRM , they blew the short window they had to sell some cards before GW caught on and announced or released their update , now they will get stuck with a bunch of stock of worthless cards
or will have to lower their price considerably but, the resellers are going to be the ones who get really screwed though if they ordered a lot of them

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might not even be exploit based, they dont mention they have an exploit anywhere do they? I hope it is though. The N3DS is probably worth a purchase if it is, It would mean I could sell one of my existing 3DS's, one on 4.5 and one on 9.2 which has ironically just regained a new lease of life! digging through my drawers as we speak

D

Deleted-355425

im still going to keep my two 4.x XL 3DS's along side a 3NDS XL, you just never know...

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ The latest update on gateways website advises if you are 4.5, remain on that. I wonder why that is? Less features on 9.2, perhaps?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Or the update doesn't even exist at this point, but they said it does just so that people don't buy the competition's products and wait anxiously for Gateway's next move which may or may not happen. They might have something, they might be buying time - I'm not seeing any proof, so my skeptic's hat is still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended