Hacking Replacing Moonshell?

rushpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to replace moonshell with some other program? I had moonshell and i never use it, just seems kinda worthless to me. Can someone show me show?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can find a copy of the DLDI version of M3 Sakura, then you could DLDI patch and rename it to _DS_MSHL.nds.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the point of the question is, rushpunk does not want to use the DS for music & video playback.

Homebrew applications run independent of Moonshell anyway, so I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of removing the mshl folder & mshl.nds file from your sd card.

I've never tried it however, I use the Sakura 'hacked dldi' version as my multimedia player (package was already compiled, without moonshell).

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
okay (sorry for teh hijack)

anyone wanna post the sakura dldi they use for thier r4?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rushpunk said:
Is it possible to replace moonshell with some other program? I had moonshell and i never use it, just seems kinda worthless to me. Can someone show me show?

do you mean another nds file ? application or game etc??

yeah just rename whatever nds file you want to use to _DS_MSHL.nds and rename the original _DS_MSHL.nds file to something else ... I renamed mine to MOONSHELL.nds so i know which file moonshell is if i want to load it still
smile.gif

I now have the YASU/DSTT nds file loader set to load when I hit the moonshell option in the R4 menu
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off