drojman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Asked a friend to solder my GBA for the AGS 101 mod and he completely butchered it haha. Managed to melt 3/4 capacitors. Is there any way to fix this? I'd rather not let my old GBA die.

Here's a picture, as you can he did quite the number on it, although I can't blame him for trying.

BuHQWzS.jpg

malheur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its not a capacitor. its transistor(3 legs one) and resistor(2 legs one). the capacitor on your doesnt seems damaged. damaged components you have can be replace, but consider how it got damage, i guess you cant replace it.

throw out and buy new one i recommend.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You could just do a shell swap on another console, or if you know someone with decent soldering abilities you could try switching parts off another dead system or something, but a mobo swap will probably be easier and cheaper at this point (depending on how sentimental you are about keeping your original system..........shell)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

drojman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I've actually done for the time being is my original shell is on an AGS 101 modded console, so it's not in a bad way.

And the original screen I put on a new motherboard and a brand new case. I may look into switching the parts, that would ultimately be what I'd like to do but I don't know anyone with who could do that kinda swap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Certified Nin10yearold (tm)