ROM Hack Replacing English audio with Japanese audio?

Hyoga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game I'm specifically wondering about is #0856 "Bleach 2nd Kokui Hirameku Requiem" and its American counterpart #2761 "Bleach: Dark Souls".

I read on a different forum that it is possible to unpack the audio of the roms and repack a rom with the audio of the other version. So unpack both roms and repack the American rom with the Japanese audio instead of the English audio.

The person on that forum didn't explain how one could do this and I figured that if this is really possible, someone here would definitely know.

So, if this really can be done, is there someone who knows how and could explain to me how to do it?

I'm just not a fan of the English dubs, but at the same time I can't read Japanese.

Hyoga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I go about unpacking and repacking the roms? I'm assuming there's a program that I need to download?

Hyoga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so the search function wasn't quite as direct as one would hope, but I went ahead and got the DSLazy and did exactly as you said, Raven, and it all worked perfectly. So thanks a lot for the help.

While I'm here, I might as well ask since the search didn't turn out anything useful aside from TWEWY:

Replacing music files.

There are a lot of games I would like to do this to. Replace some terrible music with a good one.
From what I've read the replacement song needs to be in the same format as the original song.
What else needs to be done to ensure the replacement will work - file size, duration? And how/where do I locate the unpacked music files? Like, what are the formats I should be on the lookout for when searching for the music files, or what are the usual folders they are in? In the case of Bleach: Dark Souls, for example, it doesn't seem like everything is in the sdat folder. Or in the case of Jump Ultimate Stars, there is no sdat folder, only a Sound folder; but that folder only has one file in it... how would I replace specific songs that case?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Taking more time to load the page than to fire up the paper towel is an issue
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Females have burnt me worse