ROM Hack Replacing character models ?

Motisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible to replace character models in Pokémon Sun and Moon, for example if I want to play as Wally ?
And how can I do it ?

Thanks ! :)

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried this but it doesn't work for me. : projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/40384-how-to-swap-animations-in-sun-and-moon-tutorial/

Motisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I found the location of the player's model (it seems to be a cube) and replaced it with Timmy's model but when I start my game, I have a black screen just after the "Continue" screen :(

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the character customization aspect of sun and moon, I think it would be pretty difficult to swap character models with an npc unlike in oras where the player character (having no customization) was just a single model. Perhaps if you were to change one item to Wally's model and somehow make the game not load the other models or replace them with blank ones? I've tried fiddling with some model swaps before, but it was mostly with other customization items, and they very often crashed my game. So if you can get it to work without crashing kudos to you.

Motisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering the character customization aspect of sun and moon, I think it would be pretty difficult to swap character models with an npc unlike in oras where the player character (having no customization) was just a single model. Perhaps if you were to change one item to Wally's model and somehow make the game not load the other models or replace them with blank ones? I've tried fiddling with some model swaps before, but it was mostly with other customization items, and they very often crashed my game. So if you can get it to work without crashing kudos to you.
Thanks, but I have the same black screen unfortunately :/
I saw a video of a guy who changed the textures of a lot of overworld sprites (Team Skull, Lilie..)
Here it is :
So basically, he can also replace overworld models ? (though the player doesn't have a single model, it might be impossible)

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I have the same black screen unfortunately :/
I saw a video of a guy who changed the textures of a lot of overworld sprites (Team Skull, Lilie..)
Here it is :
So basically, he can also replace overworld models ? (though the player doesn't have a single model, it might be impossible)

Texture hacks are very different from model hacks, texture hacks are just altering a graphic that appears on an object while model hacks are completely changing the dimensions of an object.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr