Hacking Replacing Cakes with AuReiNAND in Plailect’s Guide

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally made it all the way through downgrading, emunand setup and arm9loaderhax on an O3DS. After going through the process once, I am more comfortable and I’m ready to try it again.

Last time I followed wurstpistole guide to get me through downgrading and setting up emuNAND, then followed Part 4 and 5 of Plailect’s guide.

This time I think I will follow Plailect’s guide all the way through. One thing I would like change is sticking with AuReiNAND through the entire process.

So my questions are:
Is it possible to use AuReiNAND in Part 3 (EmuNAND) of Plailect’s guide instead of Cakes?
If so, what files would I need to place on my SD card to make this successful?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally made it all the way through downgrading, emunand setup and arm9loaderhax on an O3DS. After going through the process once, I am more comfortable and I’m ready to try it again.

Last time I followed wurstpistole guide to get me through downgrading and setting up emuNAND, then followed Part 4 and 5 of Plailect’s guide.

This time I think I will follow Plailect’s guide all the way through. One thing I would like change is sticking with AuReiNAND through the entire process.

So my questions are:
Is it possible to use AuReiNAND in Part 3 (EmuNAND) of Plailect’s guide instead of Cakes?
If so, what files would I need to place on my SD card to make this successful?

If you are on Cakes and using A9LH, you do not need to repeat Part 3 to switch over, follow my guide helper

https://gbatemp.net/threads/updatin...-or-older-aureinand-install-a9lh-only.420962/

EDIT: I see what you mean now, but why change from the guide when it is really easy to use with Cakes. @Supster131 posted below me how to switch if you really want to. it *Should* work the same but every CFW is different so it could behave differently and not work.

Last edited by driverdis,

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi driverdis, my thought is that the arm9loaderhax is a nice to have, not a need to have. If someone wanted to stop at Step 3 they could stay with AuReiNAND (vs Cakes).

Thanks Supster131. So would the instructions look something like this (questions along the way):

1. Copy both slot0x11key96.bin and slot0x25keyX.bin to the root of your SD card
Is the slot0x05KeyY.bin not necessary in this step? Only Step 5?
2. Copy the contents of the AuReiNand zip to the root of your SD card
Are all the files necessary?
3. Copy the firmware.bin to the /aurei/ folder on your SD card (make sure you
I assume you are referring the the firmware.bin from Step 5?

Steps 4 - 15 would be the same then?
What configuration would you use to configure AuReiNand (steps 16-20)?

Reactions: hiten

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi driverdis, my thought is that the arm9loaderhax is a nice to have, not a need to have. If someone wanted to stop at Step 3 they could stay with AuReiNAND (vs Cakes).

Thanks Supster131. So would the instructions look something like this (questions along the way):

1. Copy both slot0x11key96.bin and slot0x25keyX.bin to the root of your SD card
Is the slot0x05KeyY.bin not necessary in this step? Only Step 5?
2. Copy the contents of the AuReiNand zip to the root of your SD card
Are all the files necessary?
3. Copy the firmware.bin to the /aurei/ folder on your SD card (make sure you
I assume you are referring the the firmware.bin from Step 5?

Steps 4 - 15 would be the same then?
What configuration would you use to configure AuReiNand (steps 16-20)?
Yeah, pretty much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...