Replacing battery in EZ Flash Omega (non-definitive edition)

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1) What type of battery do I need? Does it need the plastic shell and tabs, like the one it came with?
2) Last time I soldered anything was about 30 years ago. Is it difficult to do and what kind of cheap soldering iron can I use?

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It is CR1220, You need to insulate well with tape.

If you are not a RTC game fan, you don't have to replace the battery because it doesn't affect the save.

Reactions: SaddQ

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is CR1220, You need to insulate well with tape.

If you are not a RTC game fan, you don't have to replace the battery because it doesn't affect the save.
ATM I am heavily invested in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, so I do need good functioning batteries.

On a side note, could anyone post a close-up picture of the battery, including the tabs, that I need to buy. I have seen so many pictures online, but they all have a different configuration of the two pins. Some are on both sides, others are not aligned etc. I'd like to get an idea of what I need to be looking for online.

I am located in Thailand so I'll be using a local online shopping place like Lazada or Shopee, or even AliExpress.

Last edited by SaddQ,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You do not need to buy the battery with pre-soldered pins , which is difficult to buy in the retail market, with ordinary wires soldered to the positive and negative sides of an ordinary CR1220(which easy to buy on online eshop), then wrap the battery with tape, for good insulation, and then solder the wire to the corresponding position on the PCB.

zeomax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is absolutely not recommended and highly dangerous to solder wires with a normal soldering iron to a lithium battery (or any battery). You will destroy it and in the worst case the battery can catch fire or even explode.
!!So please don't do it!!
There are plenty pre-soldered batteries available on Ebay, electronic E-shops or Aliexpress.

Reactions: husky3g

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, 420 blazing no scope