Replacing banned RROD 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Marxian, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Marxian
    OP

Marxian Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2005
    I have a banned 360 that has just gone RROD on me for a second time. [​IMG] I am now considering purchasing a new machine, so as to kill two birds with one stone. I would appreciate some advice on the following issues:

1. If I purchase an Arcade, would it be safe to use the HDD from my banned 360. Note that I have played games (offline) prior to release date.

2. If I end up with a Lite-On drive, would it be possible (or safe) to replace it (via spoofing) with the drive from my banned 360. The drive is an Hitachi.

I would like to save some money by going for the Arcade, but if it's a risk then I would rather pay the extra for a Pro.

Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    1)Yes , fine.

2)Yes can be replaced and can be done with a Hitachi if want. Although it's recommend to replace them with benQ drives. Can't remember exactly why though.

3. Marxian
    OP

Marxian Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2005
    Many thanks for the swift reply. [​IMG] I will probably go for an Arcade. I may wait a while before flashing, since there are rumours of a up-coming firmware for the Lite-On.

4. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    Because the Liteon drive is just a revised model of the BENQ apparantly. Its manufacturer info is "BENQ/LITEON/Phillips" and the Liteon drive manufacturer info is "LITEON/Phillips." They are very similar drives.

The Hitachi/Sammy drives are totally different bits of hardware and although its just speculation at the moment, MS *might* be able to identify a liteon swapped for a sammy/hitachi but (again, speculation) they might have trouble differentiating between BENQ/Liteon/Phillips and Liteon/phillips.

All speculation, nobody knows for sure.
    Mine is a liteon elite with a BENQ drive spoof, I didnt get banned. My mate who has same Elite/Liteon console but with hitachi drive spoof DID get banned. [​IMG]

5. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    you should get the new jasper motherboard, info is posted on xbox-scene

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice