Replacing banned RROD 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Marxian, Nov 27, 2008.

Nov 27, 2008

Replacing banned RROD 360 by Marxian at 3:38 PM (982 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Marxian
    OP

Newcomer Marxian Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I have a banned 360 that has just gone RROD on me for a second time. [​IMG] I am now considering purchasing a new machine, so as to kill two birds with one stone. I would appreciate some advice on the following issues:

1. If I purchase an Arcade, would it be safe to use the HDD from my banned 360. Note that I have played games (offline) prior to release date.

2. If I end up with a Lite-On drive, would it be possible (or safe) to replace it (via spoofing) with the drive from my banned 360. The drive is an Hitachi.

I would like to save some money by going for the Arcade, but if it's a risk then I would rather pay the extra for a Pro.

Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    1)Yes , fine.

2)Yes can be replaced and can be done with a Hitachi if want. Although it's recommend to replace them with benQ drives. Can't remember exactly why though.

3. Marxian
    OP

Newcomer Marxian Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Many thanks for the swift reply. [​IMG] I will probably go for an Arcade. I may wait a while before flashing, since there are rumours of a up-coming firmware for the Lite-On.

4. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Because the Liteon drive is just a revised model of the BENQ apparantly. Its manufacturer info is "BENQ/LITEON/Phillips" and the Liteon drive manufacturer info is "LITEON/Phillips." They are very similar drives.

The Hitachi/Sammy drives are totally different bits of hardware and although its just speculation at the moment, MS *might* be able to identify a liteon swapped for a sammy/hitachi but (again, speculation) they might have trouble differentiating between BENQ/Liteon/Phillips and Liteon/phillips.

All speculation, nobody knows for sure.
    Mine is a liteon elite with a BENQ drive spoof, I didnt get banned. My mate who has same Elite/Liteon console but with hitachi drive spoof DID get banned. [​IMG]

5. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    you should get the new jasper motherboard, info is posted on xbox-scene