Gaming Replacing a drive, without original fimrware key :/

kokiri_link

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, heres what i would like to do. I want to replace my samsung drive in my 360 (ms28 i believe) with a new drive, which will be exactly the same. The problem is, it has been flashed with ixtreme 1.2 or something :/ I think the new ones 1.4, im not sure on that though. Anyway, i no longer have the original firmware that is on the drive origianlly, so what im bassically asking is, if i extract the drive key from my current drive, could i inject this drive key into my new drive? And obviously id update the new drive to a higher firmware. I need to do this because the drive is on its way out, it rarely reads discs first go, and often brings up a unreadable disc error whilst playing. This would obviously be a cheaper way of doing it instead of buying a new 360!

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
You can still get your original key from the modified optical drive. Don't worry.
yaypsp.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
whatever you do, make sure to make at least 3 backups of your old drive (and dont use a floppy disc for that).

you could try flashing the drive with ix1.4-8x version. maybe your games will start working again.
after that you can try to clean the laser to see if that helps
with a multimeter and a screwdriver you can also adjust the potmeter on the laser
or buy a new laser unit from ebay, way cheaper then a whole new drive.

another option is to send it back to ms because it cant read discs anymore
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8