Replacing a 360's drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by kokiri_link, Aug 12, 2008.

Aug 12, 2008

Replacing a 360's drive by kokiri_link at 8:39 PM (609 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. kokiri_link
    OP

Member kokiri_link GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    So, i have a flashed drive (ms28 i think) butt its on its way out (making lots of grinding noises), but i dont have the original key or firmaware, becaus emy mate flashed it and deleted it [​IMG]

Anyway my question is, if i buy a replacement, which make/model would last the longest ir is better. And would it be possible to use my key on it, and would there be any uk people here able to do it for me? [​IMG]

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can use your key on it. As you don't have the original firmware dump, you'll have to make a dump of your current drive and take the key out of that.

As for which drive is best , personally I'd go for another samsung , hitachis can be fussier with media and some benqs seem to have issues with slow loading of some games. Also if you get another samsung , then you can just swap the pcb over from your drive to the new one , so you wouldn't have to reflash.

Could always just get a new laser for your current drive though , they aint expensive.