Replacement thumb joystick for PSP. Can I get them?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Gifted1, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Gifted1
    OP

Member Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is there a place online where I can get a replacement for the analog stick for my PSP? I have the PSP slim. The newer one. There was a few times where it would stop working on me even if I dont touch the thumbpad, the character in the game would still move, especially playing MOH Heroes. I went to a place locally so they can replace it and they charge $25 but this is my 2nd time replacing it and it's getting very costly. Plus, all he does is take it off of a broken or busted PSP in the back. I tried searching online but only can find the analog sticks for the 1st version of PSP. Can anyone tell me if I can buy replacement analog sticks for the PSP slim online? Thanks.

2. darkangel5000

Member darkangel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
  3. Gifted1
    OP

United States
    Thanks very much. Is it easy to do it yourself with the screwdriver they give you?

4. darkangel5000

Member darkangel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I don't know if the screwdrivers are good, since I worked with my own precision screwdriver-set when I replaced the analognubs. But I think they'll do for that job =D

But since it was easy to do with my set too, I think that it shouldnt be more difficult with those screwdrivers. :q

5. Gifted1
    OP

United States
    Ok cool. Thanks a lot.

Also, if I get 3 or 4 and 2 don't work, will I be able to return it to them and they send me another one?

6. Tortimer

Newcomer Tortimer Advanced Member

Sweden
    They state that you are allowed to return non-functioning products, but you have to pay the shipping costs.

And that's probably a lot.

7. Gifted1
    OP

United States
    Ok, Thanks!.