Replacement shells? any thoughts?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kevenka, Jun 25, 2008.

Jun 25, 2008
  1. kevenka
    OP

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I am kinda getting tired of my plain white DS lite so I plan to get a new shell. Problem is, I don't know which one is the highest quality. I looked at the review but... don't know how accurate they are as the company may have attempted to improve it after receiving such criticism. What do you guys suggest? Buy the shells from dealextreme?(I heard their products are somewhat inferior to the origional) or Wiiroom on ebay?(Pricey but may be worth the money no?)
    Please list some of your personal experience and feedbacks [​IMG]

2. Mr Malice

Newcomer Mr Malice Advanced Member

United States
    The same shells that Wiiroom on Ebay had are now on Dealextreme. Besides from the free yet long shipping, You'll save about 8-10 bucks I believe.

3. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    If you decide to replace a case, go with the DealExtreme one (the one that comes in a plain white box with a little window)...It's a most complete set for replacing (includes everything, even the screen borders), and it's cheaper than other places..

Naturally, when you replace casing once, your NDS won't be as sturdy as created in factory, but it's not a big deal..

If you decide to do it, also, be sure to research a lot, read guides, and watch videos from youtube...There are few very helpful....Take lots of time for replacing, and be sure not to get interrupted, because you have to be really careful with the inner electronics..

4. kevenka
    OP

United States
    I hope so but I thought the one from wiiroom were better b/c the review kinda gave them a hire score. Except they were bumped down b/c of price.

5. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    I have a translucent case from DX (the ones which scored highest in the review.) I have to say I was impressed at the quality for the price. Everything was included, even stuff I ended up not using (screen frames.) The only thing that was disappointing was the stylus. The mold seam divides the stylus in two length-wise, giving a nice scratchy surface right over the tip. I would never use it. But overall I was very impressed and would not hesitate to recommend the black translucent case from DX.

6. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    yer dealextreme sells them now see my topic

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91962

i got a pink case today for my girlfreind and wow i must say amazing case with both screen frames.

7. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I recommend DealExtreme as well. I bought a black case from them and it's great.

Just be warned, if you replace the whole case it's fine, but if you're only going to replace half or something, it won't quite work.

The cases are similar enough to fit together in a complete package, but they differ from the real thing enough to not quite fit properly.

But it's not a problem if you're replacing the whole thing.

8. kevenka
    OP

United States
    Okay....I am tempted to either go for the smoke black transparent, zelda edition, or just get a crystal clear case and edit the skins for my white DS. Anyone have any personal thoughts as to which one will give me the longest satisfaction?

9. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    I got the transparent blue, and I think it looks really good... As for the Zelda one - it's twice as expensive, but does look very nice... It's up to you whether you think it is worth the price...