yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone had experience replacing housing on their original 3DS?

I bought a cheap one yesterday for $50 since it was hackable.

Works perfectly fine, but cosmetically, there are dents on some of the corners. That itself doesn't bother me since I can cover it up with a snap-on, but there are a few scratches on the upper screen.

I was wondering if anyone had experience changing the housing? If I could only change the upper plastic that would be great as I don't think the actual screen itself is scratched. It appears as if the screen is recessed behind the top cover.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yes, i bought a replacement small old3ds housinga year ago and put it on. it was pretty good for a copy i think.
not perfect, but good enough.
the select/home/start button thing was a bit weak, the border that you put on the touch screen was a bit sharp, the top of the 3ds should have a kind of metallic shiny moving effect when you view it from different angles. like, the red fading into black, this does not have it, it is simply a red to black shiny gradient, it's ok, it looks fine really.
it was horrible to put on though, just because of the top part hinge cables. i would not want to do it again for a small reason.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-replacement-housing-it-went-ok-has-anyone-else-used-it.363689/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all