Replacement Case Frustration

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by JPH, Jul 17, 2008.

Jul 17, 2008

Replacement Case Frustration by JPH at 5:00 AM (1,091 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Hey guys, so I've just taken apart my DS Lite and am installing a new, custom case.
    I've successfully replaced the upper-half of the DS Lite, and am now working on the lower-half of the DS Lite.

It seems I've come upon a problem:

When sliding the black speaker wire under the soldered Slot-1 cartridge area, the end of the black speaker has been caught on something underneath.
    I've tried all I know I can do (tuggin on the wire while pressing gently down on the PCB) but I don't know if there's much more I can do...
    I'm really frustrated at the moment.

Is there any options I've got here?
    Anything I can do to get the little black wire out from under the Slot-1 cartridge area without de-soldering the whole damn thing? [​IMG]

2. GX255

Newcomer GX255 Advanced Member

United States
    that sounds dangerous and complicated. isn't there a guide for these kinds of things?

3. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Fuck all.
    I tried tugging and tugging that peice of shit, and the end result is the top metal part came off.

I've got the end of the wire, the metal piece, and some electrical tape - would it work if I taped the metal peice back to the end of the wire? [​IMG]

4. Aznhiga13

Newcomer Aznhiga13 Member

United States
    For future reference, when sliding the black wire under the slot-1 cartridge area make sure you slide it in more towards the top of it. Meaning slide the wire under it more towards the opening of the slot-1 cartridge area. Reasoning for this is that if you look under it, there is a bigger opening more towards the top. Sorry to hear about the cap coming off the wire. Try taping it and if that doesn't work, maybe try soldering it but take precautions on that. And if you don't want to get the wire caught under the slot-1 again you can just run it where the white wire is and it barely makes it. Good luck fixing your ds.

5. Saylient_Dreams

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As long as the wire makes contact with the metal clip it should be fine, but it's probably better trying to put the wire back into the metal holder. Instead of tugging on it you should have probably gotten a paper clip insulate it with electrical tape and try wedging it loose (as in don't push it out, just get it unstuck).