replacement batteries for ds lite 1600mAh

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sanchoquo, Aug 29, 2007.

Aug 29, 2007
  1. sanchoquo
    OP

Newcomer sanchoquo Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    anyone bought themselves one of those unofficial replacement batteries for their ds lite? the 1600mAh batteries? and any ideas how much more battery life that I should expect from it? compared to the standard 1000mAh batteries.
    are they any good? I just bought one from ebay, has anyone had any issues with these or should I be safe enough to use it
    of course I will test it to see if it is outputting the correct voltage (3.7v) when it arrives

thanks
    Rob

2. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Unofficial batteries have poor quality.

Someone ran a test of multiple PSP batteries that are supposed to last longer than official basic one, turned out they have unstable voltage drop when less than half of max current is left, bigger ones didn't necessarily last longer.

I wouldn't doubt DS batteries would be the same. But it never hurts to have a backup battery.

3. qwertyasdf

Newcomer qwertyasdf Advanced Member

Canada
    It's a hit and miss. I bought one from http://www.emveegaming.com thinking about the same thing, but when I tried using it, it seems like the battery did infact hold a longer charge than the stock one on the DS Lite. Technically speaking, it's supposed to, since its 1600ma vs 1000ma, but many stores sell overrated batteries. At least I know the one I got wasn't overrated, or it was still over 1000ma. For $14.99 with a free screwdriver, it was highly worth it, especially considering the rating wasn't overrated.

4. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I use 2600mAh PSP battery, and it lasts pretty much the same as 1800mAh official battery. I use 2600mAh just because it sounds like it should last longer (and the fact that I spent extra money to buy it =P)

5. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    im thinking of getting one too. please tell me your opinions after you test it [​IMG]

6. sanchoquo
    OP

Newcomer sanchoquo Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Dont bother, I just recieved mine from ebay(shipped from hong kong)
    battery life testing mario hoops, just playing through the menu and demo video constantly with lowest brightness setting
    the battery lasted less than 2 hours
    not worth it
    very dissapointed but for what it cost(£4.99) its hardly even worth returning