replace switch motherboard to get "unbanned" and other experiments.

xdarkmario Jun 16, 2019.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    so i was thinking about buying a new motherboard so i can go online again, i also am slightly curious on the NAND expansion mod and Trinket M0. but some questions come to mind.
    dose anyone know exactly nintendo banns consoles? seeing how the motherboard is sparsed into multiple parts that worries me. do they ban the motherboard? the nand? the wifi card?(wifi+BT module are a part of the motherboard)
    but i wonder about the nand chip, i have a clean backup of my unbanned, un altered nand chip if anything but im also worried if ant components are "married" to each other and cant be replaced individually.

2. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2019
    United States
    There is a private certificate burned into the CPU. That provides a way to encrypt all sensitive contents associated with the console (like the eMMC/NAND) and gives N a way to uniquely identify that console. All N has to do to ban a console is to blacklist the public key associated with that certificate and it will no longer be able to access N's online network. The media card slot module, digizier/lcd, WiFi/bt, speakers, usb-c ports, and other "removable" parts are interchangeable or should be.

xdarkmario likes this.
  3. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    instead of going though all the trouble just buy a brand new switch. a new switch will not be banned.

4. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2019
    United States
    However, it might be patched and unable to run CFW using current techniques. That is the issue.

5. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    The hacked switch that's banned will be used for cfw, the non hacked swith would be for legit purchased games.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted