Replace Sound?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dark.Shingo, Jun 30, 2007.

Jun 30, 2007

Replace Sound? by Dark.Shingo at 9:12 AM (922 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Dark.Shingo
    OP

Newcomer Dark.Shingo Member

Mexico
    Is there a way to unpack the sound of a GBA rom and replace it with another one? I would like to replace the sound in Dragon Ball Advance Adventure (U) with the sound of Dragon Ball Advance Adventure (J). Is it possible? Which tools would i require? Thanks.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    GBA sound hacking is a fairly advanced topic as everyone (as in games/companies) has/have a different sound playback method (this is the case with most GBA games unlike the DS). In your case however it might be slightly easier (emphasis on slightly) as you could get lucky with a replace (if the US sounds are bigger) or add to the end and repoint (if the Japanese sounds are bigger.

First you will have to locate the sound, a disassembler or corruption the simplest way, otherwise start here (thread is for advance wars but it will point you in the right direction) and be prepared for a lot of effort:
    http://forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=2002

3. Dark.Shingo
    OP

Newcomer Dark.Shingo Member

Mexico
    Oh well... seems like it's too much effort. Well, gonna try it anyway, and thanks for your answer.

4. LeMoonwalker

Newcomer LeMoonwalker Member

France
    Or, you can just take the European version that has the Japanese voices. [​IMG]
    By the way, I'm interested in knowing how to replace sound since I would like to take some voice samples from DB Advance Adventure (Japanese voices) to replace the american voice samples of Dragon Ball GT Transformation (as well as the musics if possible) [​IMG]