WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Before I attempt this, I need to ask if both screens are compatible to each other. The thing is, my old 3DS XL has a beautiful white screen, but my New 3DS XL has a very noticable yellow tint on its screens. Since both screens have the same size, I thought I could switch them. Has anyone opened up their New/Old 3DS XL and can tell me if it's possible to switch both screens?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Before I attempt this, I need to ask if both screens are compatible to each other. The thing is, my old 3DS XL has a beautiful white screen, but my New 3DS XL has a very noticable yellow tint on its screens. Since both screens have the same size, I thought I could switch them. Has anyone opened up their New/Old 3DS XL and can tell me if it's possible to switch both screens?
Turn off power saving mode.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The thing is, my old 3DS XL has a beautiful white screen, but my New 3DS XL has a very noticable yellow tint on its screens.

Same with me!!!!

The yellow tint actually slightly decreased when i turned the power saving option on :huh:

Same with me!!!

Yellow tint should go away with time.

I pray you are right abot this... :(

EDIT: I think you are right I was looking on the internet and it seems it is because the system was recently manufactured and this yellow tint comes from the glue, It will fade away with time as many original XL owners have noticed when theyre systems were new!!

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same with me!!!!

Same with me!!!

I pray you are right abot this... :(

EDIT: I think you are right I was looking on the internet and it seems it is because the system was recently manufactured and this yellow tint comes from the glue, It will fade away with time as many original XL owners have noticed when theyre systems were new!!

Cool beans. One thing you could try to get the yellow to go away fast is to start a game with a long intro and let it run for a few hours while its on the charger. This should force the glue to dry up faster and get rid of the yellow tint.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can anybody answer my question please? Also contrary to believe, power saving mode is completely unrelated to the yellow tint. All what it does is dim the screen dynamically.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can anybody answer my question please? Also contrary to believe, power saving mode is completely unrelated to the yellow tint. All what it does is dim the screen dynamically.
I very much doubt that it will work and you would basically loose your super stable 3D if it was even possible.....but again I find it very unlikely it would be possible

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You mean about your screens being compatible with each other? If so then Knight has already answered this question; we don't know for sure.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I very much doubt that it will work and you would basically loose your super stable 3D if it was even possible.....but again I find it very unlikely it would be possible
I thought super stable 3D comes from the additional camera that tracks your head. The screen technology should be the same, but I'm not ready to attempt this before I get a confirmation from a geek who opened up both consoles.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I thought super stable 3D comes from the additional camera that tracks your head. The screen technology should be the same, but I'm not ready to attempt this before I get a confirmation from a geek who opened up both consoles.
Bottom screens alone, the ribbon cable placement is completely different, and in regards to the top screen I doubt the wiring would be the same, the new3ds has the extra feature of being able to automatically adjust the parallax barrier (which is the main reason the super stable 3d works, the head monitoring is just providing the input so the screen knows where to adjust itself to)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wrong, those are two different settings. Power saving mode definitely causes a bit of a yellow tint which is why I suggested that. I guess the screen consumes less power when it's tinted yellow.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wrong, those are two different settings. Power saving mode definitely causes a bit of a yellow tint which is why I suggested that. I guess the screen consumes less power when it's tinted yellow.
Alright, just because it's you: I have power saving mode OFF. ALWAYS!

Bottom screens alone, the ribbon cable placement is completely different, and in regards to the top screen I doubt the wiring would be the same, the new3ds has the extra feature of being able to automatically adjust the parallax barrier (which is the main reason the super stable 3d works, the head monitoring is just providing the input so the screen knows where to adjust itself to)
That's disappointing to hear. I guess I have to deal with it or use my old XL. Too bad I already completed the system transfer and can't transfer back.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, just because it's you: I have power saving mode OFF. ALWAYS!

That's disappointing to hear. I guess I have to deal with it or use my old XL. Too bad I already completed the system transfer and can't transfer back.

Don't you have to wait a min 7 days before you can do another transfer.

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure both power saving mode and auto brightness are disabled. I'm surprised so many people are complaining about the colour temps on the N3DS, guess I got lucky...mine has great looking screens and the build quality feels solid. Now I'm just GateWaiting like everyone else to really get some use out of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night