Hardware Repasted twice but still bad thermals. (Erista)

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So I tried repasting my switch twice, both with Arctic mx 4, I feel as though the first time performed better than the 1st, the 2nd time I actually removed that copper shim.
Today when I tried TOTK docked with FPS locker, fully ocd(memory 1862 and the rest are max using suite oc), my switch hit 65° within a couple of minutes and even without FPS locker and just memory OC, the Switch docked reaches around 60°.
I read posts about thermals and mine never match the lower end spectrum, not even by a close margin, could it be a was just dealt a bad hand (lottery), I even went to the point of replacing my fan since a few months ago when I tired oc during Mario Oddyesy, I noticed that the Temps were climbing and even though Status monitor showed that the fan is at 100%, it made no noise and the Temps kept going up without stopping, I ofc stopped it when it reached around 65°.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Did you change the thermal paste under the shield? Seem most videos and guides etc never change that. It's the paste closest to the Nvidia chip.

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Did you change the thermal paste under the shield? Seem most videos and guides etc never change that. It's the paste closest to the Nvidia chip.
I replaced on the SOC, a layer above the SOC and between the heatsink and metal plate, I made sure to research well before doing so as I like my systems running optimally.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I replaced on the SOC, a layer above the SOC and between the heatsink and metal plate, I made sure to research well before doing so as I like my systems running optimally.
Hmm well, if it doesn't crash, it should be fine.
I'm just a bit miffed about it saying 100% fan speed but you say the fan isn't on?

Soler37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hmm well, if it doesn't crash, it should be fine.
I'm just a bit miffed about it saying 100% fan speed but you say the fan isn't on?
After replacing it, it working, before replacing it, the fan was getting cut off when it reached around 85%.
Weirdly, today when the Temps got up to 65, the fan speed showed as around 45 so I'm not sure what's going on..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita