Reparing a PSP 2001 God Of War Limeted Edition

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Princess Rozalin, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Princess Rozalin
    OP

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    Ok i Just Purchased a God Of War PSP today lucky for me it was the last one but it was used.Now it Works and i mean Completly works nothings wrong with it However when i Enter Old UMD Disc it Doesnt read it or i get a Error the Game could not be Read or some 88025 Error something like that.However when i enter Games like Disgaea 2,Tag Force 4 and Prinny it reads it However it wont Read my Disgaea 1,Tag Force 1 and 2,Ys and my Sonic Rivals and its not my Game Disc cause it Reads it fine on my PSP 1000 so what i want to know is it the Lens or is it the Motherboard making these Problems and can it be Repaired.

EDIT:Btw i plan on Hacking it to GEN-D3 is it Possible?

2. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Yeah, the God of War is hackable. As to your UMD issue, it's a stretch, but I'd guess the laser is flawed. If you have a Play N Trade in the area look into one of those.

3. Princess Rozalin
    OP

United States
    Ok i got someone to fix it for me Apparently it is the Lens but hes Charging me $80 is that a Fair Price?

4. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Just a quick google search the lens is about $30 just for the part, so that's really up to you if it's worth $50 for the labor. If he knows what he's doing and you couldn't do it on your own then sure. Personally I would only charge somebody $20 since it's doesn't take too long.

5. Princess Rozalin
    OP

United States
    Well hes Know really good for PSP Repair.But anyways he said its Because the PSP Model i have that it cost a bit more than other PSP 2000.

6. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    That is a little concerning because it sounds very false, and I would expect him to back up this claim that Sony manufactured the bundled PSP any differently than another. Fifty dollars may or may not be worth his time to repair one, but lying about the cost is something else entirely.

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    What a load of cack...unless he's allergic to red plastic...

And personally i think you'd be better off selling that on ebay and buying yourself a guaranteed 100% hacked slim.

8. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    So you're saying that the UMD reading lens are not functioning properly? Right? Well, forget about that, once you hack your PSP, you won't need that UMD tray (atleast I never use it...did before, when I got GoW UMD game with the PSP -yes, I too have the same GoW limited PSP-)

Don't sell this GoW PSP, no...this edition in my opinion, is the bomb xD!

P.S. The game could not be started error means the current firmware doesn't support it, or some option prob, if other UMD games work, it means that the LENS are fine

9. Princess Rozalin
    OP

United States
    Well he fixed it...Anyways it was the Lens the UMDs work and i have a lot of UMD disc so its a Waste to leave them without playing it.Had to Pay $80 but at least it works.

10. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Oh, grats [​IMG]