ChaosTheorySD

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Awhile back I bought a DS Lite off eBay that was almost in two pieces. I knew I had to replace the top screen, but the mic cable looked frayed too so I went ahead and replaced that as well (wifi still worked though, interestingly). Just got all the components today and finished up the job. Everything works fantastically now, but I still don't seem to be getting any response from the microphone. Is there anything else I can do to fix that or am I out of luck?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChaosTheorySD said:
Awhile back I bought a DS Lite off eBay that was almost in two pieces. I knew I had to replace the top screen, but the mic cable looked frayed too so I went ahead and replaced that as well (wifi still worked though, interestingly). Just got all the components today and finished up the job. Everything works fantastically now, but I still don't seem to be getting any response from the microphone. Is there anything else I can do to fix that or am I out of luck?
Are you sure it's connected properly?

ChaosTheorySD

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure. I pressed it in until I felt it click. Although I guess I can open it back up just to double check...

Edit: Just checked. It's in all the way.

Edit x2: Out of curiosity, what would happen if I had mixed up the wifi and mic cables? Would the wifi still work? Or is that more like an antennae to boost the range? I tested Pictochat with another DS and the fact that wifi was working leads me to believe that the wires are plugged into their proper places, but could I be wrong?

Edit x3: *ahem* So... uhhh... I had the wires plugged in backwards... Nothing to see here. Carry on. >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte