1. LuNyX

LuNyX Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can you make a picture of where you put the ribbon of edit 2, plz ?

Last edited by LuNyX, Jul 5, 2017
  2. Wuigi

OP Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I put the tape just on top of the zif, on the movable part of the connector, that was bent in the wrong direction to push on the cable again.

3. gtmtnbiker

gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the solution. This was also the trick I used. I was surprised with one tiny piece of paper how tight the fit was. I tried using the needle to push the pins but that didn't work. Also tried testing with the case open, one person holding the battery and another person pushing down on the connector. Did not work. But adding the piece of paper inside the connector did the trick.

It was tricky trying to get the paper in. My fingers are just too big. Hopefully I won't ever make this mistake again in the future when working with these connectors and flex cables.

4. Hisoka_ex_gamer

Newcomer

Brazil
    I had the same problem, i disassembled my 3DS to clean the D Pad, because the up sometimes didn`t work properly. While trying the solutions on this topic, i ended up breaking the top part of the slot to the cable. :`(

Someone knows if it can be fixed? Can i find a new one to replace it?

IMG_20201114_175926.jpg

5. Wuigi

United States
    @Hisoka_ex_gamer I mentioned the part number in a post: FA1004SA1-R8000 from JAE Electronics, there are various search results on mouser, digikey and aliexpress for it.
    It will take a good while until it arrives.
    It will be pain to reattach it with the tiny soldering required, maybe remove it in a blob of solder and then use flux with a tiny amount of solder per leg of the part.

Last edited by Wuigi, Nov 14, 2020
  6. Hisoka_ex_gamer

Newcomer

Brazil
    @Wuigi thanks a lot! I'm feeling really dumb because what i done to my home button haha, i`ll look for it!
    Gratitude for helping me so quickly!

7. Wuigi

United States
    @Hisoka_ex_gamer I also felt really stupid, that's the reason I made this thread.
    Additionally I scratched a flex cable while disassembling my new 3ds back then so it somehow died, so I couldn't even repair it in the end.

8. Momoro

Momoro The Dark One

United States
    Hmm, buy some iron grip tape. It should hold it down for you ;)

9. Wuigi

United States
    @Momoro It has been 5 years since that post, like I said earlier, my new 3ds died later because of a damaged flex cable, I couldn't save it.
    Tape can be a temporary solution, but it's always better to replace things so they last.
    I replaced 2 ZIFs the size of the LIF that broke in the new 3ds and replacing them went well.
    If one doesn't want to spend money on the equipment or the time to attain the skill to replace the part, tape is an option I guess.

Momoro likes this.
  10. Momoro

Momoro The Dark One

United States
    Couldn't have put it better myself :D

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Repair, button,