Repair damaged save game

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Omoikane1979, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Omoikane1979
    OP

Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    I'm not sure whether there is a topic like this already, but since the search function is down at the moment....

Trying to get the best delete time in Megaman Starforce or Ryuusei no Rockman I saved just after defeating an EX alien. However after soft resetting the game the screen blanked out white. So I turned the DS off and on again and after starting the game in the R4 menu I get the message 'damaged save game will be deleted' in Japanese as I'm playing the Japanese Pegasus version.

Anyway what I want to know is: Is it possible to repair the save game in any way? (I don't feel like starting all over again as I already finished the story line and 75% of the jobs).

Any help is appreciated, oh and one last thing I have virtually no programming skills whatsoever; therefore an explanation in layman's term is appreciated.

Thank you.

2. kazumi213

kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    I think you are out of luck. R4 saves directly to microSD so when you got the deletion message, your save was actually deleted.

Anyway I would like to give it a look, just in case. PM me your save, I will try to help.

3. Omoikane1979
    OP

Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    When I saw the message displayed, I immediately turned of the DSL and made a copy of the save file to my computer. [​IMG] Afterwards I turned on the DSL, chose the Starforce Pegasus game, and pressed the A-button when the message was displayed, at that time the save game was really gone from the microSD and I can only start from the beginning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice