T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
After the recent reveal of a WiiU mod by team WiiKey, old time scene release group 'Venom' have released the first WiiU game dump:

The_Avengers_Battle_for_Earth_PAL_WiiU-VENOM

The game weighs in at a hefty 23GB (23823.40 MB)

You can see the release NFO here:
nfo-render.htmlv6bys.png

It looks like the scene is gearing up towards full on pirating of the WiiU.
How do you feel about this? Tell us in the comments!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I love how the homepage article just leaves us hanging after "Remember:" :D
so that's it. Here it comes.

FYI Nintendo denied claims that the console was hacked because they thought there was no pirated games on the scene (source: www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-30-group-responsible-for-first-wii-mod-chip-claims-to-have-hacked-wii-u-to-play-copied-games )

"Nintendo is aware that a hacking group claims to have compromised Wii U security," a spokesperson told Eurogamer. "However, we have no reports of illegal Wii U games nor unauthorized applications playable on the system while in Wii U mode.
"Nintendo continuously monitors all threats to its products' security and will use technology and will take the necessary legal steps to prevent the facilitation of piracy."
(from a Nintendo Rep.)

Well I guess they're going to have to revise that statement

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I am unapologetically glad to see this thing in the works. I will probably buy the chip if it proves itself. Nintendo is going to counter by selling a different peripheral for every mainline game.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
That's pretty interesting. but I'm not really interested in playing backed up games. I like having the original games to increase my collection.
I more care about debugging games as like as we do it with the usb gecko :P
anyways, I will stay tuned for any kind of news about wii u hacking!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here.. we.. go..!

Not surprising, but the most interesting question will be whether this is really 100% proper as a rip (compare to say, DSi games). The future looks interesting for the WiiU in many ways. On one hand, there is the future game library or, in some cases, the lack of it. On the other there is the possible boost in sales the console will receive after the news of a backup loader and ripped games.

I'm really waiting to see what Nintendo has to say in the matter. I doubt hacked/modded consoles are accessing online game at the present time due to the nature of the devices. At least I wouldn't try anything in the open if I was testing a new product or add-on that was reverse-engineered from a commercial product..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night