Hardware Removing the UMD drive?

kk360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good day to all, I recently purchased a psp 1000 on ebay for 40$, declared broken (umd drive doesn't read properly), but all in all, works perfectly fine. I installed CFW, got a few games and homebrew on there and it's great.

The screen is kinda scratched up, not annoyingly but in due time I will more than likely replace the full housing, so my question is this. While I've got the thing opened up, is it worth removing the UMD? Will it prolong my battery life even if it's never really in use?

kk360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I just removed it anyway, I gotta say the difference is noticeable, I'd say it's worth it. I would of felt dumb if I'd damaged my system though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I just removed it anyway, I gotta say the difference is noticeable, I'd say it's worth it. I would of felt dumb if I'd damaged my system though.
While you were in there, you could have replaced it with a 1.8" HDD for lots of space for games. I've seen someone do a mod like that, and I'm pretty sure there were instructions to go with it.

kk360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't really see a point to doing that. It would add extra weight and I've got a 16gb card that's plenty for me. More games than I can handle actually. Also, HDDs are much slower than flash memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1