timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was checking out the most recent version of Dop-IOS Mod, my favorite Wii app, and noticed that I can now remove IOS Stubs. And I was wondering if there was any specific advantage or disadvantage to removing them. I'm aware they're considered useless, but is it necessary to hold to a few, or are they just sitting there, taking up space?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The sole purpose of the stubs is to prevent installation of cIOSes in those slots. If you're on System Menu 4.1 or lower, you don't have stubs and thus it doesn't matter. There is no harm in having NOTHING installed in those slots and the IOSes don't do anything but occupy space, so feel free to delete them if they're there.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
Szalkow said:
If you're on System Menu 4.1 or lower, you don't have stubs and thus it doesn't matter.
System Menu 3.4 and up contain stub IOSes, like IOS10 and IOS30 v2876.
Fair enough. However, most of these are for now-unused slots made redundant by cIOSes. The slew of stubs in 4.2 is probably the only set of stubs worth paying attention to.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
There is no harm in having NOTHING installed in those slots and the IOSes don't do anything but occupy space, so feel free to delete them if they're there.
Except newer games will bug you to update because they contain (stub) IOSes that you're missing. They take up very little room since they share their components.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
The sole purpose of the stubs is to prevent installation of cIOSes in those slots.
this is basically the answer to your question. definitely you have to get rid of those stub ios in order for you to use homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk