Removing Softmod Completely

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Richard101, Jul 27, 2009.

Jul 27, 2009
  1. Richard101
    OP

Newcomer Richard101 Member

Canada
    Can anyone tell me how i can take a softmoded wii and remove all the mods from it so i can start fresh with rev14 cIOS. Right now i have BootMii installed to Boot2, CIOSCORP, and HBC i would like to remove them all and have the latest HBC, rev14 cIOS, and System Menu version 4.0 or 4.1 if its compatible im not to sure because i have been away from the Wii Scene for about a month.

So if anyone could tell me how to restore my system menu to complete factory settings with no cIOS's installed it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There's not really any reason to get rid of anything from your system. Updating things is far easier than removing things and starting all over.

First just run Waninkoko's rev14 installer and use IOS249 (assuming you have some older rev already installed) and rev14 will just overwrite it and that will be up to date. (If you don't have it then any other IOS should also work considering they should all have the trucha bug in them with CIOSCORP.)

Then use Waninkoko's 4.0 or 4.1 updater to update your FW to that and remove CIOSCORP in the process.

Then run the HBC while connected to the internet and accept the prompt to update it and it should take you to the most recent hackmii installer. There just have it install the HBC and update your bootmii as well if you installed it from the first beta. If you installed the second beta version then you already should be up to date and shouldn't be worrying about that at all.

Then you will have an up to date system free of CIOSCORP with the latest revision of cIOS, HBC and bootmii installed.

3. Richard101
    OP

Newcomer Richard101 Member

Canada
    Ok thanks for all that very usefull information but incase i want to completely remove my softmod at a later date could u tell me how to do that? and once again thanks for all that information. i am doing all of that right now.

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's kinda dependent on what you installed to it. Use Wad Manager to uninstall any wad's you installed (NOT IOS WAD'S, just VC wads and channel wads and such, not the HBC yet either.) Run NANDclean if you have any preloader/startpatch hacks or something to get rid of those. Then I think there is a cIOS uninstaller app that you can use to get rid of your cIOS, otherwise you can use AnyTitleDeleter and delete IOS249. (And anything over 200 if there is anything else.) Then run the hackmii installer again and have it uninstall everything from that. (HBC, dvdx, bootmii.) Then do an official update to get all your IOS's in order.