ROM Hack Removing shiny locks from Moon, need help with hex editing...

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yo! whats up yall. so i saw this video ^^^^ explaining how to remove shiny locks from gen 6 and 7 games. i got everything up to step 9 perfectly fine (the instructions are in the video description in case anyone didnt see em), but once i have the code.bin file in hxd i have no idea what to edit. can anyone point me in the right direction? i'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance!

Last edited by jaderocc,

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9) Insert the SD card into your PC and patch the code.bin file with the hex editor as shown in the video
This.
bvwQ9Ef.png

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that's right, but now my 3ds keeps crashing when running pokemon moon. Not sure if it's this thing's fault, or just my 3ds being dumb.

Last edited by trainboy2019, , Reason: Whoops
Reactions: jaderocc

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9) Insert the SD card into your PC and patch the code.bin file with the hex editor as shown in the video
This.
bvwQ9Ef.png

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that's right, but now my 3ds keeps crashing when running pokemon moon. Not sure if it's this thing's fault, or just my 3ds being dumb.
nvm i think i got it! thanks a million :^)

Last edited by jaderocc,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point? I'm curious about this. You can't use them online I don't think, and such an endeavor sounds fruitless, you're better off just using PKHex to generate a shiny version and feel happy (temporarily) that you crushed some AI Battle Tree trainer with a shiny Tapu Bulu or something.

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't about changing the odds for shinies, it's about allowing legendaries which normally cannot be shiny.
not sure if you'd have this info offhand/without removing the lock to test yourself, but after adding the edited code.bin to luma/titles/the folder for moon, i tested with sumohax shiny odds to see if it would still be locked since your description for the sumohax plugin says shiny locked mons won't show up shiny regardless of the odds being altered or not, and i'm getting a non-shiny tapu lele every time. is that true regardless of the shiny lock being patched? or does the fact that it isn't shiny with the edited code.bin in the proper folder indicate the patch doesn't/isn't working?

-just curious, would the ntr plugin be affected by the edited code.bin? or would it not read the code.bin/disregard it as a whole and just react as if it were a stock/nonmodified game, thus thinking the locked mons are still locked, even if they aren't?

Last edited by jaderocc,

Betafish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I think that's the wrong address. you should be at 00218AF3. then change that to 0A. thats how I changes the odds for shinies in moon.
Do you have a tutorial or something similar explaining how increasing shiny odds works? I'd like to increase mine to about 1/400 but i haven't found any tutorials about that...

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a tutorial or something similar explaining how increasing shiny odds works? I'd like to increase mine to about 1/400 but i haven't found any tutorials about that...
Please don't bump old threads. Also, that's not what this thread was about. This one was about removing shiny locks, not changing shiny odds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo